Does it Bother You

solocanadian

Does it bother you that people keep a sailing that is 2 months or older in their signature? It bothers me. Seems like they are bragging. Once the cruise is over I feel the applicable time clock should be deleted. What is the point of keeping in the signature????

Yes it bothers me. It's very distracting to read someone's post when they have 5 or 6 countdown clocks screaming sailed. I've started threads about this before and been told to shut off signatures. I do enjoy seeing where people are going but please clean them up. It's not hard.

It only bothers me when some posters put their countdown clocks/sailed avatars horizontally across the page rather than listing them vertically. There are times when they put them so oversized on the page, it is a pain to scroll back and forth to read a thread.

There have been times when someone has asked them to rearrange them so that oversize situation would not occur and some have ignored and don't seem to care it is annoying to others.

I understand when a photo is oversized as sometimes it is hard to adjust it but rearranging the lists of countdowns is easily accomplished.

JMO ... :o

Yes it bothers me. It's very distracting to read someone's post when they have 5 or 6 countdown clocks screaming sailed. I've started threads about this before and been told to shut off signatures. I do enjoy seeing where people are going but please clean them up. It's not hard.

I agree cruz chic that I don't want to turn off signatures. It sometimes is the only way to understand a particular post as people don't always mention which ship or the date of the sailing about which they are asking. That information can make a difference.

Does it bother you that people keep a sailing that is 2 months or older in their signature? It bothers me. Seems like they are bragging. Once the cruise is over I feel the applicable time clock should be deleted. What is the point of keeping in the signature????

I have no problem with most signatures, but I do agree that countdown clocks should be removed post sailing. They do take up a lot of space.

You have complete freedom of choice to read or not read anything here on CC. Personally, we never pay any attention to "signature" stuff unless we feel the need to evaluate the experience of the poster. We see others here on CC complaining because they do not like a particular topic (such as smoking threads) and always wonder why they bother to complain about threads they then can simply not read.

Hank

It doesn't bother me unless it's one of the ones that have the big "Sailed" across them, and if there are 6 or 7 of them. Some are very useful when they link to a blog. When the cruises are listed and don't take up a huge amount of room, no problem. I think you can hide signatures, so try doing that to save yourself some aggravation.

It doesn't bother me unless it's one of the ones that have the big "Sailed" across them, and if there are 6 or 7 of them. Some are very useful when they link to a blog. When the cruises are listed and don't take up a huge amount of room, no problem. I think you can hide signatures, so try doing that to save yourself some aggravation.

I don't like to hide the signatures because some are cute -- like yours.

Lizzie :)

The time clock countdowns should be deleted, I agree once you have sailed...but I do like signatures since it shows me who has been on what ships and when...I've used that info to contact CCers for more info. Very helpful IMO. No problem with signatures (and, as they say,we can turn them off.)

Oops! Just removed my one from last September. Thanks for the "reminder".[emoji3]

Thx for doing that :). I wondering if the people that have the expired clock on are folks that have signatures off so they can't see them. Good reason the keep them on.

Edited by cruz chic

It really doesn't bother me if people leave their signatures up forever. I have them and avatars turned off so I don't see them.

I like the clean and easy look without the signatures/avatars. And apparently it helps save sideways scrolling. I've never had to do that. Win/Win!