Mosquito protection in the cabin

Jennizor

i have never really worried about this on previous cruises, just sprayed exposed skin before we went out for the evening. When travelling in Europe we always use a plug in repellent in the hotel room. With all the publicity about the Zika virus I decided to buy a three pin plug-in mozzy repellent for our Caribbean cruise in a couple of weeks. My concern now is that I have seen previous posts that say there is no space below the plug points, so I will not be able to use the plug as the bottle hangs below the bottom of it. Can anyone confirm if there are any plug points in Azura balcony cabins that I will be able to use?

I tend to agree with English lady you don't really need it just keep your balcony door closed. If you really want to use one we were on Ventura in October but an inside cabin not a balcony but there was space under the sockets.

Sent from my SM-P900 using Tapatalk

I know you have already purchased a plug in repellent, but you can buy battery operated devices, available in a number of places including Boots for less than £10. Solves the worry about whether it can be, and whether it should be, left plugged in in the cabin.

Ofcourse doesn't have to be mozzies that do the biting.

There are other flying bugs available that find human blood a tasty meal.

I thought mozzies did not like air con as they didn't like moving air. They like stagnant water as there is not moving air above it.

I get bitten in our garden in the summer, I am certain sure they are not mozzies..

Never been bitten before in the Caribbean until Last November. Both times overnight when sleeping. Couldn't find the miscreant, so I sprayed the bed sheets with Jungle Formula and it appeared to have worked.

I'm far from being an expert, but I would have thought the likelihood of getting bitten in your cabin would be very remote, but I suppose not impossible. You're not going to get mosquitoes at sea and would be pretty unlucky to have them fly onboard ship in port and into your cabin

I think it much more likely you would be bitten ashore, but hives would not show until next morning, so you might think you were bitten at night in bed. I believe many varieties of mosquito in Caribbean bite during the day