Favorite Cruise Perfume!!!

ILUVCRUIZN

My first post! Like Kilnwood, I am an Elizabeth Arden Green Tea fan. I also like "Clean" cologne...my favorite two are Cotton T-Shirt and Fresh Laundry. Finally, my favorite cologne brand is Jo Malone. I have bunch, including: Lime Basil Mandarin, Grapefruit, Wild Fig & Cassis, and Blackberry Bay. I am not a fan of floral colognes, or heavy scents. I like light scents that are fruity or woodsy and they tend to work best with my body chemistry.

• 2 weeks later...

Whichever perfume you choose, just remember to spray it on LIGHTLY. It is your choice, and your favourite, but that does not mean that everyone around you wants to smell it. If your perfume can be smelt a metre away, or even a foot away, it's too strong.

Why does that matter? Well, according to some research, 1 in 500 of us is allergic to perfume. In my case, it can cause my blood pressure to drop drastically so that I'll be ill for up to 3 days.

So enjoy your perfume, but keep it for those who are close to you. Don't wear it as armour; wear it to enhance your beauty.

Whichever perfume you choose, just remember to spray it on LIGHTLY. It is your choice, and your favourite, but that does not mean that everyone around you wants to smell it. If your perfume can be smelt a metre away, or even a foot away, it's too strong.

Why does that matter? Well, according to some research, 1 in 500 of us is allergic to perfume. In my case, it can cause my blood pressure to drop drastically so that I'll be ill for up to 3 days.

So enjoy your perfume, but keep it for those who are close to you. Don't wear it as armour; wear it to enhance your beauty.

Excellent point. Usually I just spray a bit in the air and walk through it. Your fragrance should whisper not shout. I love perfume but it can make me nauseous when someone near me has overloaded themselves with it.

My newest scent is LOVE KILLS SLOWLY by Ed Hardy! I found it in a travel size bottle at Wal*Mart and that will last me for several cruises. I usually only wear it in the evening for dinner and evening activities!

I also love M by Mairiah Carey , found it in the travel size as well! I buy the travel size Obsession for my husband ..... Oh!!! How I love that smell! :D

I don't change my perfume for vacations either. I would just wear a lighter one during the day either Fleur by Kenzo or any of the Bvlgari scents as they are very light.

Always Coco by Chanel at night though, as this is my signature and I have wearing since I was a teen so almost 30 years. :eek: I am not so keen on any of their other scents though.

Over the years I have bought dozens and dozens of perfumes, which I ended up giving to my mum or friends as I just can't take to them. The only one that I liked was one of the Marc Jacobs ones but can't remember which one as I bought two or three.

The one perfume that I wanted to like but actually can't stand is Angel by Thierry Mugler. My Mum and one of my girlfriends love it but I have to ask them not to wear it with me as the smell makes me really headachy and nauseous. I move away quickly if I smell it on a stranger, especially if they are doused in it.

The only other perfume that did that to me but years ago was Poison..yuck!

Edited by CELTICGIRLCRUISER

Okay ladies. I found my favorite perfume on a cruise that happened to stop at St. Lucia. Its called Caribbean Perfumes.

http://www.caribbeanperfumes.com/about.html

My favorites are Soleil and Marigot Breeze. Unfortunately you have to either visit St. Lucia or order from them online, they are not sold anywhere else.

Fortunately for me, our next cruise stops at St. Lucia once again and I'm stocking up!

I popped in here to see what everyone likes because I can't wear perfume AT ALL. I am thankful you (and Sail!) mentioned sensitivities and applying perfume lightly.

My mother (who I see almost every day) is horridly sensitive to the stuff. Her throat literally closes up. She carries an epi pen and has had to use it. They could never consider a cruise. There are many things they are unable to do any longer--movies, theater, concerts, church--because we are such a scent driven society. It's in EVERYTHING! And we all layer it on--body wash, lotions, hair products, perfume, even detergent and fabric softener!

I've had to switch to unscented everything. I can't be around her if I've just washed my hair because I just can't seem to find unscented products that work with my frizz.

I do miss perfumes, but I don't look forward to being able to wear them again because it will mean she is gone.

Robin

I too love Angel and I also like to wear Jessica McClintock. The only two scents that I wear that I have ever gotten compliments on. I buy the tiny small, spray, samples, from ebay (when I find cheap ones) and take those when I travel. About a year ago I bought a box of 20 of the Angel samples. I think that the samples smell better than the large bottles. It is probably my imagination but I have always thought they made the samples more concentrated because they are trying to get you to buy it. :confused:. Anyway, I buy them for both my DH and myself of our favorite scents, as they are so easy to travel with and the ones we empty we discard and that much less to pack to go home.:)

• 2 weeks later...

I own some lovely perfumes and my favourite I have already mentioned, but seeing this one again made me smile today.

My DH never comments about my scents, but today I had an aromatherapy massage at work and he came in straight afterwards and said to me three times, you smell nice. Strange what men notice and don't in some cases.

This is my favorite, as well. I've been wearing it for over 10 years. And, I've recently bought the DK Cashmere Mist Pearl....love it!

However, on cruises, I LOVE to wear Bobbi Bown Beach. Smells like the old Coppertone I wore as a teen...only better! :D

I bring along the Bobbi Brown Beach as well as Clinique Happy!

• 1 year later...

"English Laundry No. 7;" has anyone heard of this fragrance? I caught a whiff when I was picking up dry cleaning, and when I asked the woman what fragrance she was wearing, that was her answer.

I am not anywhere near a department store so any suggestions of where I could find it would be most welcome.

Thanks!

I am so glad this thread was resurrected as finding a fragrance is one of the last things I have to do for my cruise. I worer Amerige (Givenchy) and Pleasures (Estee Lauder) for years and years. I ran out and just stopped wearing any perfume/cologne (kind of like make-up but that's another thread:D). After not wearing any perfume for a few years, I find most of them seem too heavy. I don't have an allergy to them it's just they seem overpowering. So I am looking for a very light floral scent. We have a new Ulta nearby and I have been in a couple of times but after smelling 3-4 scents it is just too much. Anybody have any suggestions for something floral and very light that I can try?

"English Laundry No. 7;" has anyone heard of this fragrance? I caught a whiff when I was picking up dry cleaning, and when I asked the woman what fragrance she was wearing, that was her answer.

I am not anywhere near a department store so any suggestions of where I could find it would be most welcome.

Thanks!

A quick google search shows you can get it at Dillards.com and several other places. Here is the Dillards link. There is a man's version as well as the ladies.

http://www.dillards.com/product/English-Laundry-Women%C2%B4s-No.7-Eau-de-Parfum-Natural-Spray_301_-1_301_503846628