Constellation versus explorer thanksgiving 5 day

williamsk

Hi

We are considering either the explorer of the seas or celebrity constellation for a 5 day cruise over Thanksgiving. Dh and I enjoy ballroom dancing but will be bringing ds 20 months and dd 6 years. We have not been on explorer for over 9 years or on a celebrity ship for 4 years.

Thoughts?

The Explorer has a royal tots nursery, so if you are comfortable leaving your 20 month old in a nursery you could use this feature.

I am pretty sure that Explorer does not have nursery yet - unless it got it recently at next dry dock. I remember a lady posting over the winter that she took a 9 night cruise, thinking there was a nursery, and there wasn't. She was pretty upset.

Sent from my iPad using Cruise Critic Forums mobile app

Wow - I'm sorry - this was completely my mistake. According to their website ( http://www.royalcaribbean.com/findacruise/ships/class/ship/home.do?shipCode=EX ) they state that they have Royal Baby and Royal Tots programs, which is different from their Royal Baby and Royal Tots nursery. I was confused because the name Royal Baby and Royal Tots are used for both programs, and thanks for letting me know before I got anyone else confused.

The Explorer is scheduled for dry dock in Feb 2015, and the nursery is scheduled to be added then, according to Royal Caribbean's blog (I can't link the url here since cruise critic is blocking it but you can google royal caribbean ship upgrade list if you are interested)

sorry - it doesn't look like it will work out for this Thanksgiving but hopefully by next thanksgiving it will be added.

If you are checking other ships, the ship features need to state:

Royal Babies & TotsSM Nursery

Royal Babies® and Royal Tots® program

and not just

I'm so sorry that lady went through that!

Edited by kitkat343

Wow - I'm sorry - this was completely my mistake. According to their website ( http://www.royalcaribbean.com/findacruise/ships/class/ship/home.do?shipCode=EX ) they state that they have Royal Baby and Royal Tots programs, which is different from their Royal Baby and Royal Tots nursery. I was confused because the name Royal Baby and Royal Tots are used for both programs, and thanks for letting me know before I got anyone else confused.

The Explorer is scheduled for dry dock in Feb 2015, and the nursery is scheduled to be added then, according to Royal Caribbean's blog (I can't link the url here since cruise critic is blocking it but you can google royal caribbean ship upgrade list if you are interested)

sorry - it doesn't look like it will work out for this Thanksgiving but hopefully by next thanksgiving it will be added.

If you are checking other ships, the ship features need to state:

Royal Babies & TotsSM Nursery

and not just

I'm so sorry that lady went through that!

No worries. I could not remember when Explorer was due for dry dock, so was not sure if nursery had already been put in or not.

Sent from my iPad using Cruise Critic Forums mobile app