Show me your countdown calendars!!!!

diamondcharl

We take a fact sheet of the ship or pictures of places we will visit and tape it to the pantry door - I have cut out letters spelling out "Days Until ________" at the top of the door (with the ships name) then I stick numbers all over the door so it's a seek and find to get each number and they get to count down to the cruise as well.

We take a fact sheet of the ship or pictures of places we will visit and tape it to the pantry door - I have cut out letters spelling out "Days Until ________" at the top of the door (with the ships name) then I stick numbers all over the door so it's a seek and find to get each number and they get to count down to the cruise as well.

LOVE this idea!!!

To expand a little - you can use printed pages of the deck plans or unique things that are on your ship - helps the kids learn where everything is (our daughter knew the layout of the Allure better than my husband) and they get excited to keep finding new things as they look at the ship and what it has to offer. Our Allure one is still on the door because they love remembering the trip!

To expand a little - you can use printed pages of the deck plans or unique things that are on your ship - helps the kids learn where everything is (our daughter knew the layout of the Allure better than my husband) and they get excited to keep finding new things as they look at the ship and what it has to offer. Our Allure one is still on the door because they love remembering the trip!

Awesome!!!

• 2 weeks later...

We always do the round colored paper rings (kinda like the things you make at Christmas) and tape it to the refrigerator. My daughter tears one ring off every day. She helps cut them out, I staple them together looping them and she writes the countdown numbers on them.

I do like the little ship calendar thing that someone else posted. Maybe I'll try something new next time. Do you remove something off of it every day while counting down?

ImageUploadedByForums1407245557.882496.jpg.43e23a3b9d21bd0f7778460e28dbb237.jpg

This is what we came up with! Not quite as fancy as the OPs! Lol. Were we are sailing on the Gem next, we attempted to decorate it as such. Mind you, he just turned 6! I drew a rough little box were the bridge is and told him that's where the captain is, so he wanted to draw him in. Then he said we should be on there, too. Together we drew little stick figure people for us. The boys were in blue, and I wanted the girls to be a different color. Not thinking, I grabbed green for my daughter. So she's seasick in the drawing, lol. I switched mine to pink. :)

The links on the paper chain "anchor" represent the days left. 32 as of today. Each day we can rip one off. As soon as he woke up, he asked to do it!

It's basic, but it gives a good visual as far as time left till sailing!

[ATTACH]321209[/ATTACH]

This is what we came up with! Not quite as fancy as the OPs! Lol. Were we are sailing on the Gem next, we attempted to decorate it as such. Mind you, he just turned 6! I drew a rough little box were the bridge is and told him that's where the captain is, so he wanted to draw him in. Then he said we should be on there, too. Together we drew little stick figure people for us. The boys were in blue, and I wanted the girls to be a different color. Not thinking, I grabbed green for my daughter. So she's seasick in the drawing, lol. I switched mine to pink. :)

The links on the paper chain "anchor" represent the days left. 32 as of today. Each day we can rip one off. As soon as he woke up, he asked to do it!

It's basic, but it gives a good visual as far as time left till sailing!

Sooo cute! Very concrete and age appropriate!! Enjoy the Gem,she is beautiful!!!!!

• 1 month later...
We always do the round colored paper rings (kinda like the things you make at Christmas) and tape it to the refrigerator. My daughter tears one ring off every day. She helps cut them out, I staple them together looping them and she writes the countdown numbers on them.

This is exactly what my kids have done over the years as well

• 2 weeks later...
  • 3 weeks later...

We always make the construction paper chains and thanks to this thread, we decided to spruce it up a little and do something different. Thanks to the OP for starting this thread.

Here's what we came up with...remove a ship each day until we get to the big ship. :D

PA190150_zps82c4c7d9.jpg