Nice beach not far from ship Ochos

mariapd719

Hi we are going to Ocho Rios in Nov. We are looking for a clean safe beach not too far of a ride from the cruise port. I am having back problems and cant sit for any long periods of time. RCCL only offers 4 tours and 2 are Dunns falls, 1 is a river rafting tour and the other is a city tour. So I cant nor would I want to do any of those

Hi we are going to Ocho Rios in Nov. We are looking for a clean safe beach not too far of a ride from the cruise port. I am having back problems and cant sit for any long periods of time. RCCL only offers 4 tours and 2 are Dunns falls, 1 is a river rafting tour and the other is a city tour. So I cant nor would I want to do any of those

There is a Margaritaville with a beach that is right past the cruise ship dock. If you can manage the walk (about 1/2 mile from where you exit the ship) then you will have what you want right there. But you would need to walk about the same distance to get a taxi (unless you request a wheelchair).

https://www.google.com/maps/place/Margaritaville+Ocho+Rios/@18.4092201,-77.1115291,678m/data=!3m1!1e3!4m2!3m1!1s0x0:0x5dd8fcf8b975b43

There is also a pool and of course the restaurant, bars and facilities. I have had back problems (spinal stenosis) so I feel for you. I couldn't even manage a walk from one end of the promenade deck to the other on the Navigator without sitting a few times. Now that I've resolved that issue it's now osteoarthritis in the knee. Last week my terrific cabin steward on Freedom of the Seas was great with supplying ice and extra towels when I needed to treat my knee but I've read that moist heat is better for lower back, so a hot shower could do the trick the jacuzzi or the steam room in the gym may be the ticket. By the way, I mentioned a wheelchair before. When I was really bad I did request a wheelchair when I checked in and debarked the ship. It really helped since I didn't have to stand in line to do security, check in and board(same at the airport) and believe me, some of those gangway ramps can be a real challenge when you are in serious pain. I just made sure to tip the guys since it can be a real workout for them. Also (am I obsessing or what?) when I attended the safety drill I went to the special area so I didn't have to stand for it. On Carnival they make a list of those needing assistance in case of an emergency. I wouldn't want to have to walk down 10 flights of stairs, especially when everyone is in a panic and won't give you the right of way. Good luck!

Edited by cruise pup

Thank you so much!!! I would much rather walk a 1/2 mile then drive a 1/2 mile. Sitting and getting in or out of a vehicle brings tears to my eyes but I am good if I am walking, dancing or cleaning (limited bending too). Cant do xrays as this started when I was 7 weeks pregnant and I've been suffering for well over a month with this. Not sure if I pulled a muscle or if this is my one and only symptom of being pregnant. Id rather having morning sickness!!!

Thank you so much!!! I would much rather walk a 1/2 mile then drive a 1/2 mile. Sitting and getting in or out of a vehicle brings tears to my eyes but I am good if I am walking, dancing or cleaning (limited bending too). Cant do xrays as this started when I was 7 weeks pregnant and I've been suffering for well over a month with this. Not sure if I pulled a muscle or if this is my one and only symptom of being pregnant. Id rather having morning sickness!!!

Oh, I see. Well congrats to you anyway. I guess the bar at Margaritaville won't be a concern.LOL I would never give advice to a pregnant woman but see if your dr recommends the hot showers/compresses to relieve it. I know you're limited to what you can do, especially as far as oral pain relievers (and I don't find them helpful; just makes you high). Again, congrats and good luck.