Suggestion where to eat seafood in New Orleans

coder01

Acme....it's an icon!

Acme is for tourists. If you want an unforgettable meal, go to brigtsen's for a world class meal. Of course, there's Commander's Palace for a classic dining experience. Some of out favorite French Quarter places include NOLA and K-Paul's. All of these require reservations. IMO, skip Acme - nothing special. And if my other recommendations are too pricey for you, try Pascal Manale's.

Sent from my iPhone using Forums

The Gumbo Shop on St Peter in the Quarter. Locals recommended it years ago and both tourists and locals love it. Been eating there over 20 years. Introduced it to my husband for his birthday 15 years ago and now we have to eat there once if not twice every time we go to NOLA.

• 3 weeks later...
what is this like?

I was wrong. It's Crawfish 2 ways ( the crawfish duo plate). It's a platter that come with fried crawfish tails and crawfish etouffee and both were delicious. I was remembering wrong because I got that and my sister got the Crab Duo plate and we kind of shared. That one has crab dressing balls (like a crabcake hushpuppy) and crab au gratin, which was probably one of the best things I've ever tasted in my life. We went on a Tuesday and there was about a 15 minute wait or so but it was very much worth it.

When we were in NOLA in February, Antoine's had special lunch deal - 3 courses for about $18. PLUS They had 25-cent martinis! Each day it's a different martini (the day we were there it was a peach martini), and while the size is not large, there is no limit. So, for a buck you could get very "happy."

I am a big fan of Drago's, either downtown or their original Metairie location. Great char-broiled oysters and lobster dishes for supper.

For lunch I would go with Acme Oysters, Felix's Oyster Bar, Mother's Restaurant, or Deanie's Seafood.

• 1 month later...

Love Acme Oyster House for seafood. They also have an awesome roast beef poboy dripping with gravy. You can also try Johnnys Poboys for great fried shrimp poboys. Deanies gives large portions, but we have gotten spoiled crab there. Do not recommend it.