WWII Museum

EPICmom

My DS, age 12, is fascinated by tanks right now. I'd like to take him to the WWII Museum before our Dawn cruise in December. I'd appreciate any first-hand info about the place. Are there lots of full-size displays, tanks, etc. that would interest the lad? Thanks in advance.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I don't remember a full sized tank but there are lots of displays and actual artifacts of WWII. My wife and I spent over 2 hrs there w/o seeing the movie. There are also audio stories by veterans and other people that lived through the war. I think a 12 yr old would enjoy it but not sure for how long.

Lots of things to see. The museum has expanded over the years. I would recommend seeing the movie $5 before touring the museum as it will help you understand what you are seeing. You should plan on spend 2-2.5hrs. If you have any military affiliation they will give you a discount. There is a Sherman tank, M3A1 Stuart and M3 half-track tanks.

One of the great places to see tanks is The Tank Museum in Bovington, England. The producers of the new film FURY (which your son should probably not see until he's older) borrowed one of their still-working Sherman tanks for the film.

Edited by Langoustine

My DS, age 12, is fascinated by tanks right now. I'd like to take him to the WWII Museum before our Dawn cruise in December. I'd appreciate any first-hand info about the place. Are there lots of full-size displays, tanks, etc. that would interest the lad? Thanks in advance.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I took this picture yesterday at the WWII Air Power Exhibit sponsored by the WWII Museum:

2elzihu.jpg

It is a M-3 Stuart Light Tank. It came from the Museum. They also have a Sheram Tank.

Have fun.

jimmyjames

Here is a direct link with all the info.:

http://nationalww2museum.org/

Edited by jimjamxx