Hotel Milano vs Chateau Cervantes

critcatny

I have narrowed down a one night stay to either Hotel Milano or Cervantes. They are both similar in price and ratings. Anyone been to either and either loved it or have any negatives you can tell me about? I believe they are both walking distance to the Pier Carnival leaves from. Thanks :)

I did that and seems they got pretty good reviews. So we're going to give it a try. We really just wanted something clean and in Old San Juan since we plan to do all our sightseeing there (town, forts, etc). And then be able to walk to the cruiseship. Can't wait.

• 1 month later...

I researched a little and found that they are just about the same, except Hotel Milano does NOT have an elevator, and Cervantes does. That was a deciding factor for us with having to drag suitcases up flights of stairs.

We stayed at Hotel Milano last year, and will be staying there again in a week from now.

From what I remember, they did have an elevator, but it was not a large elevator. You could still comfortably get in 2 people with rolling luggage in, but not much else. I may be thinking of the Old San Juan Sheraton that we stayed at a few years ago though.

The Hotel was fine and in the middle of the strip at Old San Juan. About 150 feet down was a great restaurant (Parrot Club) that we ate at and intend to eat at again. (plantain nachos and mufongo !).

The hotel is also close (walking distance) to the ships, and is slightly a downhill walk so it is very easy to get to the Old San Juan Ship Pier.

Well that's not a good sign. Maybe not too many of you have stayed at either of these. Well we decided to book Hotel Milano. Hope it is ok.

After your return, please let me know how you made out at the Hotel we are three couples looking for a pre=cruise hotel April 2012, provided the Mayans weren't right!

Their website says they do have an elevator, but to make sure that was correct, I emailed the hotel and they said they DO have an elevator. This hotel is about a 10-15 min walk to the port I believe. That is our plan, to walk.

They had an elevator when we were there. Maybe it doesn't work anymore. We also walked to the port the first time we stayed there. We were sweating by the time we arrived at the cruise ship. Our luggage would tip sideways etc. making it a hard slug. We were also laughing so hard that at times we could hardly walk. It was a real adventure. The next time we staying there, we hired a taxi. One time doing the walk was enough.

They had an elevator when we were there. Maybe it doesn't work anymore. We also walked to the port the first time we stayed there. We were sweating by the time we arrived at the cruise ship. Our luggage would tip sideways etc. making it a hard slug. We were also laughing so hard that at times we could hardly walk. It was a real adventure. The next time we stayed there, we hired a taxi. One time doing the walk was enough.

• 1 month later...
We stayed at Hotel Milano last year, and will be staying there again in a week from now.

From what I remember, they did have an elevator, but it was not a large elevator. You could still comfortably get in 2 people with rolling luggage in, but not much else. I may be thinking of the Old San Juan Sheraton that we stayed at a few years ago though.

The Hotel was fine and in the middle of the strip at Old San Juan. About 150 feet down was a great restaurant (Parrot Club) that we ate at and intend to eat at again. (plantain nachos and mufongo !).

The hotel is also close (walking distance) to the ships, and is slightly a downhill walk so it is very easy to get to the Old San Juan Ship Pier.

So the walk from the hotel Milano to the cruise ship pier is not too bad?

I know I would be OK but wonder if my DW would be???

I know I would be OK but wonder if my DW would be???

Is this addressed to someone particular? I certainly do not know your DW, so I can't say. Is she a marathon runner? Or is she a paraplegic?

But I do know this: From Hotel Milano to the pier it is about 2 1/2 blocks, and it is popular with a lot of cruisers of all ages and physical abilities. The vast majority of people do just fine.

From what I remember, they did have an elevator, but it was not a large elevator. You could still comfortably get in 2 people with rolling luggage in, but not much else. I may be thinking of the Old San Juan Sheraton that we stayed at a few years ago though....

You are correct about the elevator. My kids loved the tiny elevator. Most of the time we never bothered with it.

But it is a nice hotel which serves a lot of cruisers.

Enjoyed our stay again at Hotel Milano. Even though our cruise ship was at the Pan American Pier (Princess Cruise). This Hotel is right in the middle of everything in Old San Juan for tourist shops etc.

The Hotel is close and very much in walking distance to the pier where the Carnival and other cruise ships dock.

The walk is also slightly down hill.

We just returned from our cruise and 1 night stay at Hotel Milano. It was nicer than I expected but we did book the Supreme Room which was nicer than the regular rooms for just a little more $. Only problems we had were the A/C didnt seem to have a temp control so we froze b/c it was too hot to turn it off and we were too lazy to call down to the desk to find out what else to do and the noise from the bars on the street below was extremely loud all night until 4am. We were so tired had we not awoken from the cold temp we probably wouldn't have noticed the noise as much.

I would stay there again, the location in Old San Juan was great, the room was clean and nice, and the staff was friendly and helpful.

Archived