Has anyone stayed at the Comfort Suites at 1800 S Federal Hwy in Ft Lauderdale?

jillyfish

We will be flying into FLL in the late afternoon the day before our Liberty cruise out of Miami. We were looking for a resonably priced, clean hotel for the night. I think the Comfort Suites at 1800 S Federal Hwy in Fort Lauderdale is just a couple of years old......maybe older, time flys!! Has anyone stayed there lately and what has your experience been? Clean? Quiet? Thanks !!! :)

I can highly recommend the Sleep Inn and Suites, Dania. They were very clean and nice, had a fridge in the room, free internet, free breakfast and the staff was very nice. They also picked us up at the airport free and dropped us at the port for free. The rates are very reasonable, we paid around $75/night. Also, there is a Walgreen's next door and a strip center with a grocery store accross the street so you can pick up some last minute items like water, etc. In the same strip center was a wonderful Mexican restaurant named Pancho's Backyard (no...not the same as the one in Cozumel) great food, service and prices!

I might add...we really enjoyed sitting out by the pool with our bottle of wine (from the grocery store) the evening before our cruise...very relaxing!

We stayed there in April. It was clean, but very noisy due to the roadway in front. We have eliminated it from future consideration when in FLL.

We usually stay at Embassy Suites on 17th, we know about the road noise!!!! Harleys rumbling down the street ALLLLLL hours. :mad: However, we finally have found a quiet location in the hotel. We are not wanting to waste points to stay there this time since we will be getting in late.

Do you think there are any quiet locations at the Comfort Suites?

We like that area, we have found a great pizza place and also like Chuck's Steak House, so we would like to be in that area.

Do you think there are any quiet locations at the Comfort Suites?

One side faces the roadway and one does not. Each floor has a single hallway that parallels the road. We were on the close side, so I'm sure the noise was worse there.

We are booked for the Embassy Suites in February. I hate to hear that it too has a noise issue.

The Comfort Suites is clean and comfortable and a stone's throw away from the port. (as is the embassy suites, the renaissance, and a number of other hotels along 17th street causeway)... yes it is located directly on Rt 1 (Federal Hwy)... but it is hardly any noisier than any other city thoroughfare. If you are used to crickets, I'm not sure any hotel in fort lauderdale is going to satisfy you.

Pack your ear plugs just in case, but stay near the port for convenience.

One side faces the roadway and one does not. Each floor has a single hallway that parallels the road. We were on the close side, so I'm sure the noise was worse there.

We are booked for the Embassy Suites in February. I hate to hear that it too has a noise issue.

When you are at the reception desk checking into the Embassy Suites face the courtyard in the middle of the hotel and ask for a room in the back right corner on an upper floor. This is where we have finally found it to be quite through the night :)

Archived