Cost of taxi from downtown Seattle hotel to Pier 91?

4cats4me

We will be staying at the Grand Hyatt and are torn between taxi or

Shuttle Express at $9 pp for a shared van. We like the van price but

not the pickup time, as the earliest is 12 p.m. and we'd like to get out

to the port a little earlier.

I thought I read a cab was about $20 to Pier 91.

How far away is the pier and how long does it usually take to cab over

to there versus the time it takes to get their in a shuttle?

Sorry for the underline. I don't know why it's doing this and don't know

how to remove it. :o

$15-18 at the most and depending on traffic and where your hotel is but it should always be under $20. Shuttle Express and some others offer a $9 pp rate but it depends on how many are traveling if its cheaper

walk to 4th ave and pike and grab bus 33 (toward Magnolia, city center) and it will take you directly there in about 12 mins. I don't know the cost, but can't see it being more than a couple of dollars each. That's what I would do. Good luck

there is a set of stairs and advising people to take a city bus to Pier 91 is just foolish. You would have to walk thru an industrial area with no sidewalks. Honestly for two people you'll maybe save $5-7 over a taxi. Is that really the way you want to start your vacation?

As davidgmg points out, the bus ride can be difficult. Even the Port's web site indicates the difficulty of taking the bus to Pier 91.

Smith Cove Cruise Terminal at Pier 91

• Ride Routes #15, #19, #24, and #33 to the Smith Cove Cruise Terminal at Pier 91. The bus stop is located at the top of the Magnolia Bridge. To access the cruise terminal, passengers proceed down a steep staircase which connects to a catwalk underneath the bridge. Note: The staircase is directly adjacent to the bus stop on the same side of the roadway. The walkway leads to another staircase that descends to Pier 91. Once at ground level, passengers walk .4 miles to the cruise terminal building. The pier is an industrial setting with large trucks, buses and taxis. Access from bus stop to the pier is not ADA accessible. No elevator or shuttle is available from the bus stop to the cruise terminal. For bus schedules visit King County Metro.

walk to 4th ave and pike and grab bus 33 (toward Magnolia, city center) and it will take you directly there in about 12 mins. I don't know the cost, but can't see it being more than a couple of dollars each. That's what I would do. Good luck

I like how you think Canadian Cruise Queen!!!!! This is exactly what we're planning to do. I believe the cost is $2.25 (.75 for 65 and over). I spent quite a bit of time researching public transit in Seattle last night and it seems to be efficiently run.

I'm wondering how this will work in reverse when we have disembarked though. I'll probably ask the driver when he lets us off.

We're also taking the Light Rail from Sea-Tac Airport to the Westlake Station downtown. I think this is just $4.00 a person and takes around 45 minutes.

As davidgmg points out, the bus ride can be difficult. Even the Port's web site indicates the difficulty of taking the bus to Pier 91.

Smith Cove Cruise Terminal at Pier 91

• Ride Routes #15, #19, #24, and #33 to the Smith Cove Cruise Terminal at Pier 91. The bus stop is located at the top of the Magnolia Bridge. To access the cruise terminal, passengers proceed down a steep staircase which connects to a catwalk underneath the bridge. Note: The staircase is directly adjacent to the bus stop on the same side of the roadway. The walkway leads to another staircase that descends to Pier 91. Once at ground level, passengers walk .4 miles to the cruise terminal building. The pier is an industrial setting with large trucks, buses and taxis. Access from bus stop to the pier is not ADA accessible. No elevator or shuttle is available from the bus stop to the cruise terminal. For bus schedules visit King County Metro.

Yikes!!! Thanks for posting this mapleleaves. I didn't think it would be that strenuous. I guess a taxi is the way to go. Thanks for saving me and my sis from a mess like that.

Archived