Azura deluxe balcony D deck

jessie36

We are looking to book a balcony for the Caribbean in January, we would prefer C deck but on looking there only seems to be standard balconys available on R deck. Has anyone stayed on D in a deluxe balcony, if so are they completely open with no shade?

Many thanks

Balconies on D deck are not overhung by balconies on higher decks. There is therefore no shade when the sun is directly on that side of the ship, but there is shade when the sun is on the other side. Some shade is also provided by the balcony partitions when the sun is on the bow or stern.

C deck balconies are twice the size of the other balconies and are part covered from the deck above. This means you can sit in the shade or sun and are only partially overlooked from above.

D deck balconies are standard size, completely overlooked but with a larger deluxe cabin. No shade if that side of the ship has the sun I'm afraid.

Its worth speaking to P&O to confirm if there are any C deck balconies available.

I did this for our last cruise before calling my TA to book a specific cabin.

D deck balconies are standard size, completely overlooked but with a larger deluxe cabin. No shade if that side of the ship has the sun I'm afraid.

I think that D (and E) Deck balconies are 50% bigger than standard. Have a look at the picture below, which is of Ventura. I took this specially to illustrate this point. You can see five main balcony cabin decks: Riviera, A, B (all with standard balconies), C & D. If you look at the dividers between one balcony and the next, you can see that they're very short on Riviera, A & B, and much longer on C. On D deck, however, just above the boats, you can see that the divider is longer than on the top three but shorter than on C.

I know that a standard balcony is about 1.5 metres deep, and that C deck balconies are about 3 metres deep. I think, therefore, that D & E deck balconies are about 2.25 metres deep.

Balconies_800.jpg

I would say if a large cabin is important to you then book a D deck but if a large balcony is important to you then book a C deck balcony !! simples!! the C deck cabin is plenty big enough .....(we found it plenty big enough for two people) but doesn't have a large sitting area like the D deck cabins.

Thanks to all for your very helpful replies and photos. It would seem from looking on line there are no c deck balconys available only R or D online. I will give them a call to see if there are any hidden ones !

Thanks again

We had a cabin on D deck on Grand Princess, which is the same design ship. The cabin was lovely and bigger than the C deck ones, but the sun was on our side of the ship a lot of the time and it was just too hot to sit out on the balcony as there was no shade. On C deck you get shade over part of the balcony.

Archived