How far from Boston Cruise port to Quincy Market??

Does anyone know how far it is from the Boston cruise port to Quincy Market and how do we get there?? We will be sailing on the Granduer and Boston is one of her ports of call - we were looking into doing a trolley ride in Boston but it leaves from Quincy Market and the operator mentioned that their is a shuttle that can take us there does anyone know how much it costs for that shuttle and how far it is to walk to get on it?? THANKS

Hello! Living in Massachusetts myself I still had to look these things up. Mapquest is reporting that its about 2 miles from the Black Falcon Port to the Quincy Market. I'm not sure what shuttle they are talking about, but you can certainly take the Silver Line bus from the terminal to the market. Hope that helps!

Ive walked it many times, not a bad walk at all. Id say it is just under 2 miles, have not done it in a couple years, but i am pretty sure there is really no public transportation that would not require you to walk at least 1/2 of the distance, unless you took a cab of course.

Am pretty knowledgeable of that general area if you have any more questions, feel free to ask :)

Ive walked it many times, not a bad walk at all. Id say it is just under 2 miles, have not done it in a couple years, but i am pretty sure there is really no public transportation that would not require you to walk at least 1/2 of the distance, unless you took a cab of course.

Am pretty knowledgeable of that general area if you have any more questions, feel free to ask :)

I was going to suggest a cab, but I don't know the going rates...Anywho, a 2 mile walk really isn't all that bad, but I beleive with the new Silver Line buses there must be one route which could possible allow them to get off close to the market, although that may cost more than a cab:confused: .....lol

Guest nhrich

The cruise lines usually have a shuttle bus (not free, but I forget how much) running to take people from the pier into the Quincy Market area.

Rich, ACC

Carefree Vacations

I just took a look at the T's website and it looks to me like the Silver Line runs from like a 5 minute walk from Black Falcon to South Station. The walk from South Station to Quincy Market is still close to a mile. Although, could be reading the map wrong......:)

I just took a look at the T's website and it looks to me like the Silver Line runs from like a 5 minute walk from Black Falcon to South Station. The walk from South Station to Quincy Market is still close to a mile. Although, could be reading the map wrong......:)

From South Station you could transfer to the Red Line two stops to Park Street and transfer to the Green line one stop to Government Center (Qunicy Market is just outside this stop). Honestly, that whole process will likely take just as long as walking (though is cheaper than a cab...just under $2 a person because you can transfer lines at no extra charge). If it is a nice day and you are willing to walk, the walk itself is probably about 30 minutes and is nice (right along the water). There is also the Harpoon Brewery on the way so you could stop for a frosty beverage if you are so incline (they do tours as well).

We're going on Explorer in early Sept. - in reviewing the excursions available, several of them say that passengers can leave the tour at Quincy Market and take a "free" shuttle back to the ship. I'm hoping that this shuttle is available for all passengers, not just those who have been on an excursion, as we plan to just spend a few hours exploring Faniel (sp?) Hall and the market area. Also hoping they will have a shuttle FROM the ship as well - otherwise, we'll have to grab a cab.

This thread gave me the excuse to go ahead and set up a cruise map of the Boston area. I labeled several points of interest, including Quincy Market. You can take a look and see how far it is from the cruise port.

To see directions, click on the port marker, then click on the Directions "To Here" link. Type in "Faneuil Hall, Boston, MA" and click the button. :)

Theron

Massport has a good site too that should answer your questions, he is the link to the page talking about busses and shuttles http://www.massport.com/ports/cruis_parki.html

Just be really careful about online maps and stuff since Boston looks really different because of the Big Dig. The elevated highway is no more, it has gone underground and eventually there will be a gorgeous park.

Since the cruise lines have many tours that leave from Quincy Market/Faneuil Hall they will often run their own shuttle buses to and fro from Black Falcon Terminal. I have heard both that they are free and that they are $2 depending on the cruise line. If you have that option of a quick shuttle bus I would take it! That will be your fastest, least hassle and most affordable way to get there! I would allow at least 20 minutes for the bus to get you there just to ensure that traffic and 'The Big Dig' don't hold you up and make you miss a tour. In reality it should be a 5-minute ride each way.

We are huge Boston fans(since college, now living in NH)...try not to miss the North End, which is very close to Quincy Market. Pizzeria Regina has the best pizza "EVA".

If you walk, there is a walkway along the harbor open now that will take you all the way to the aquarium, which is across from Quincy Market. It will take you past the Harbor Hotel and lots of great views.

Depending on the time of year and day of the week, traffic can be a nightmare. The walk is not bad at all and you will probably get there faster. If your going to Quincy Market/Faneuil Hall, you might want to also go to other historic sites near by ie: Old North Church, USS Constitution, Boston Common. Do a little research and you will be surprised how much there is to see within walking distance. Don't forget about all the great restaurants and pubs.

HAPPY CRUISING! ENJOY! :)

We are huge Boston fans(since college, now living in NH)...try not to miss the North End, which is very close to Quincy Market. Pizzeria Regina has the best pizza "EVA".

You've made me homesick. :)

We try to visit Regina's every time we're back in Boston. We generally stay at the Marriott Long Wharf so we can walk to Quincy Market and the North End (lots of Italian restaurants and bakeries, as well as Regina's). In case anyone is wondering, walking is really the only way to get around the North End, the streets are unbeliveably narrow and crooked. And don't expect Regina's to have anything except pizza, soda, and beer -- none of your fancy extras like salad.:D

Archived