Disney Cruise Experience

dumbo22

Hi everyone :)

I was always wondering what that separate DCL from other cruise lines. Now there is a quite a few things that come to my mind, however main thing for me was always experience that they provide.

But what if I would like to express this experience in let’s say..in numbers…how it would look like.

If anyone is interested in this please fill this short questioner and as soon as I have enough numbers to run some analysis we might have an answer.

https://www.surveymonkey.com/r/QWHHZ9H

Let the games begin :)

Welcome to Cruisecritic!

Before I spend my time filling out your survey, I would like to know more about what use this information is to you personally.

Are you a tourism student, a travel agent, an interested cruiser.

ex techie

Welcome to Cruisecritic!

Before I spend my time filling out your survey, I would like to know more about what use this information is to you personally.

Are you a tourism student, a travel agent, an interested cruiser.

ex techie

Dear ex techie I am happy to answer your question.

I am Disney cruise enthusiast (cruised 7 times so far with DCL ) but also student who is interested to see what happens when Disney "pixie dust” meets raw science :)

I hope you can all help me to find out.

Thank you

I reviewed your 49 questions and I really don't see what you are trying to measure. It's a very limited and biased survey. It looks like you are a Disney Crew member trying to gather some information primarily focused on crew interaction.

I've been on 2 Disney cruises and also cruised a few times on other lines. If you have only cruised on Disney or maybe one other line, you really don't have much insight to truly assess value, activities, food, entertainment, crew, cabins, ship design, and overall cruise line experience.

I reviewed your 49 questions and I really don't see what you are trying to measure. It's a very limited and biased survey. It looks like you are a Disney Crew member trying to gather some information primarily focused on crew interaction.

I've been on 2 Disney cruises and also cruised a few times on other lines. If you have only cruised on Disney or maybe one other line, you really don't have much insight to truly assess value, activities, food, entertainment, crew, cabins, ship design, and overall cruise line experience.

Thank you so much for feedback. You see I have tried based on grounded theory to examine few existing theories (ex. Groove and Fisk - Service theater model, Disney Quality standards, Pine and Gilmores - Experience economy theory, Albert Mehrabian and James A. Russell – Pleasure, Arousal and Dominance -theory, Overall satisfaction-Various authors; and future behavior theory - various authors).

All that theory had to be placed in simple questions relevant to Disney. As you have said not all cruise companies are the same so I have to start with one.

You are correct that there might be bias in questions, however once I receive enough feedback/filled questionnaires I will run them thru exploratory factor analyses to remove un suitable questions and after that it will go thru confirmatory factor analysis and SEM to see what is the nature of Disney cruise experience (its antecedents and consequences).

This is pioneer work and as such it will need adaptation.

Once again I value very much feedback and thank you so much.

Edited by dumbo22

One last thing to your observation in regards of crew interaction.

As per Groove and Fisk - Service theater model, there are three factors and those are Actors (crew) Audience (Guests) and Servicescape (Ship). In questionary crew is mentioned 6 times (out of 49 questions) however in different context ( 3 times for Service theater model-due to Actor factor and 3 times for Safety as quality standard because Safety is serviced by people).

It is also my belief that quality of cruise experience depends a lot on on people to people interaction (Actors/Crew and Guests; Guest and Guest) where Guest often thru many of this interactions creates his/hers experience.

Thank you.

If I am not mistaken' date=' we were asked to do something like this a year or so ago as well.

AKK[/quote']

Cruise tourism and experience economy are a becoming a popular topic in last ten years, so I there is more and more interest from academia to investigate these topics, however I can assure you that this is my first attempt.

Your support is very much appricieted.

My comments on the survey---

Many questions referred to "crew and officers" and were difficult to answer because one level may have applied to officers but another to crew.

You used words like "always." Very few things in life are ever "always" or "never," again making rating difficult. I would have given a different rating to a question that said "usually" than to one that said "always."

My comments on the survey---

Many questions referred to "crew and officers" and were difficult to answer because one level may have applied to officers but another to crew.

You used words like "always." Very few things in life are ever "always" or "never' date='" again making rating difficult. I would have given a different rating to a question that said "usually" than to one that said "always."[/quote']

I have to agree with your comments/constructive suggestions and this is something that I will have to change in the future.

For now let’s observe “crew and officers” as employees (under wide umbrella) and for “always “you are correct “usually” would be much more precise terminology.

Thank you so much for feedback.

Hi everyone :)

I was always wondering what that separate DCL from other cruise lines. Now there is a quite a few things that come to my mind, however main thing for me was always experience that they provide.

But what if I would like to express this experience in let’s say..in numbers…how it would look like.

If anyone is interested in this please fill this short questioner and as soon as I have enough numbers to run some analysis we might have an answer.

https://www.surveymonkey.com/r/QWHHZ9H

Let the games begin :)

Please I would really appreciate some assistance and help in this project .

Thank you so much for understanding.