Fun Door Signs?

bigbreeze

Stolen from another poster........

Try your local hardware store. They have 3" and 4" wide rolls of yellow or red plastic tape with things like "DANGER", "CAUTION" and "CONSTRUCTION ZONE" on them. If you know someone in law enforcement. you can get a roll of tape from them of "DO NOT CROSS - CRIME SCENE".

You can take the tape and wrap it around the door, taping the ends together inside.

we did this on our door for the Halloween cruise. Husband is in Law Enforcement, but no one knew that.;)

Why not put up a large sheet of blank paper with a message reading "For everyone onboard - Please sign your name and where you live" Then at the end of the cruise, you'll have a one of a kind souvenir. You could even ask for their email address if you want.

I love this idea!!!

• 2 months later...

For our next cruise I got a magnetic container. I'm going to put crayons in it, and put up a coloring page for people to help us complete! I may bring one for each day!

The other thing I though might be fun would be the poetry magnets. Different words for people to arrange.

On our last Christmas Cruise I tried to get our Cruise Critic friends to engage in a door/room decorating contest.

Several years ago we took my mother on her first cruise, each day we decorated her door with a different Holiday theme: New Years, Valentine's Day, Mother’s day, 4th of July, Thanksgiving, and Christmas.

We usually decorate our door, but somehow missed doing so on our last cruise. :eek: I tried to enter the wrong room several times (door locks had not fully engaged so I actually did enter twice). On our next cruise a door decoration is a self-imposed requirement.

Bugg

• 4 months later...
  • 1 month later...

My last few cruises I've gotten white boards at the dollar store for everyone cruising in our group. We all leave notes for each other on where we will be or what the plan is for the day. The neighbor in the cabin next to us last year told us she just loved seeing what we were up to :D

For each day we will put "OUR AGENDA" on the door as well as sticky notes, pencils and two signs saying "Where are you from?" and "What's on Your Agenda Today?" So people can leave notes if they like.

My co-conspirator and I had a blast creating these. You may find a theme here. They will read:

SATURDAY: Sail Away Day! Today’s Agenda:

· Cast Away Cares

· Relish in the Good Times

· Don our Tiaras

· Boozin’ and Cruisin’

· And Warm Chocolate Melting Cake

SUN: Day at Sea/Cruise Elegant

Today’s Agenda

· A little nipsy to get us tipsy

· Another drink so we don’t sink

· A little later we’ll find the waiter

· Elegant Gowns and Sparkly Crowns

· Dinner with wine so we’ll feel fine

MON: PROGRESSO

Today’s Agenda

· See the Ruins

· Get Wrecked

TUES: COZUMEL

Today’s Agenda

· A drink in our hands and toes in the sand

· Dollar Coronas to go with our crowns

· Getting Fashionable at Tanzanite International

· And more Warm Chocolate Melting Cake

WED: Last Day at Sea

Today’s Agenda

· Mimosas

· Mai Tais

· Merlot

· Mylanta

And Much Much More

Warm Chocolate Melting Cake!

THURS: GOING HOME

Today’s Agenda

· Can We Get a Warm Chocolate Melting Cake to Go?

· Thanks for the great memories!

· Looking forward to our

TRIUMPHant Return

And below the daily agenda:

WHERE ARE Y'ALL FROM?

(and we recomend the Warm Chocolate Melting Cake)

and

WHAT'S ON YOUR AGENDA TODAY?

(aside from trying the Warm Chocolate Melting Cake)

• 3 weeks later...
Does any body know that HAL Volendam's door are made of metal or not.

Someone in another thread said all ships built after 1998 are required to have metal doors. If that person is correct, Volendam will have metal. It launched in 1999. But keep in mind, magnets won't stick to all metals. Carnival Dream had metal doors, but magnets wouldn't stick to them. We had to use poster putty to put up our sign.

Edited by Li'lImp

We have a battered 'Just Married' sign we take on every cruise. I take it to the game shows (except the Marriage game), and jump up and down with it; DH won 60 Seconds to Win It, and I won the Hasbro game.

We also bring the honeycomb paper bells... hang one up high, around the corner of the doorway. It can be seen the whole length of the hallway. Dozens of passengers have told us that they use it as a landmark, for that exact reason.

I stick to the Just Married sign, my sister does 'Random Holiday of the Day' and puts up shamrocks, valentines, turkeys -- whatever she finds on clearance during the year. The bigger, the better!

It doesn't matter WHAT it is, as long as we can spot it from the elevator.

• 4 weeks later...
  • 3 weeks later...

My BF and I are cruising in June and I just had an idea that I'm thinking about doing for our door .... making a "WANTED" sign with our pics that states we are wanted for "Enjoying our first cruise together" or "Having too much fun on our first cruise" ... something like that.

My favorite song"Toes in the water as- in the sand, Not a worry in the world!! Had that put on a magnet car door sign and it fit perfectly on the door. Called ourselves the SEA GALS.. keeping them for the future… Also had t-shirts made up with the same logo, a pic of a girl on a beach with a drink.. A blast!! Have fun..

My favorite song"Toes in the water as- in the sand, Not a worry in the world!! Had that put on a magnet car door sign and it fit perfectly on the door. Called ourselves the SEA GALS.. keeping them for the future… Also had t-shirts made up with the same logo, a pic of a girl on a beach with a drink.. A blast!! Have fun..

Please post a photo of T shirt

Sandy in Spain

• 4 weeks later...

I created a large photo card on vistaprint for $5. I created a template in MS Publisher for the game Call of Duty bc my DH loved that game and he is retiring from the Marine Corps. I don't know how to load a picture of the sign on here :confused: but it is a surprise for him and I can't wait until he sees it! I just received it yesterday and it's about the size of a standard sheet of paper.

• 3 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...

We hit the dollar store yesterday and picked up some tropical bird decorations...I told DH I was sick of not being able to find our door coming in late at night after spending too much time at the piano bar.:D

He asked me which ones I was going to use, I told him I couldn't decide between the two macaws (a blue and gold as well as a scarlet) or the two green/gold conure looking ones. :D

• 1 month later...

Does anyone know if the doors on Carnival Valor is metal?

I also hit the dollar store and bought a beach door decoration and a top of the door grass skirt. I also want to get some gel clings for the glass balcony door. I think it's really fun to decorate your door -- and makes it easier to find at the end of a long evening.