All You Can Drink - Alcohol???

hince57

i'm booking two cruises (a family cruise on disney & a couples cruise on carnival) through two different ta's. the carnival cruise is going to be a 'group' cruise. the ta of our disney cruise tells me that i should ask the ta of the carnival ship about an all-you-can-drink program that is applicable to alcohol. she said it's only available to groups (and also specified that it may not be in effect anymore and may only be available for certain sailings) something didn't seem right about it because i've never heard of this. can anyone comment on this type of program or is the wool pulled directly over my eyes?

i'm booking two cruises (a family cruise on disney & a couples cruise on carnival) through two different ta's. the carnival cruise is going to be a 'group' cruise. the ta of our disney cruise tells me that i should ask the ta of the carnival ship about an all-you-can-drink program that is applicable to alcohol. she said it's only available to groups (and also specified that it may not be in effect anymore and may only be available for certain sailings) something didn't seem right about it because i've never heard of this. can anyone comment on this type of program or is the wool pulled directly over my eyes?

Yes, Carnival offers this to groups. It something like $40-50 per day pp and there has to be 50 or more in the group with everyone paying the fee.

my ta got back to me and stated that, it's $40 per person per day and the minimum group size is 30. like stated above, everyone has to get it...i think it sounds like a heck of a deal, but i may not get 30 people! if anybody wants to come along, let me know...;)

my ta got back to me and stated that, it's $40 per person per day and the minimum group size is 30. like stated above, everyone has to get it...i think it sounds like a heck of a deal, but i may not get 30 people! if anybody wants to come along, let me know...;)

I thought it was something like that. I think the tread I read had 50+ in the group so I assumed that 50 people were required. Which ship are you sailing on. You should go over to the Roll Call board and list your sailing dates.

my ta got back to me and stated that, it's $40 per person per day and the minimum group size is 30. like stated above, everyone has to get it...i think it sounds like a heck of a deal, but i may not get 30 people! if anybody wants to come along, let me know...

Sure, I'll help you out by paying the $40 a day and you can help me out by paying for my cruise!

Seems to me someone would have to suck down a lot of drinks to get their $40 worth. That seems like at least 10 beers a day. Only friends I have that can perform that feat are alcoholics. :(

Seems to me someone would have to suck down a lot of drinks to get their $40 worth. That seems like at least 10 beers a day. Only friends I have that can perform that feat are alcoholics. :(

HA! Apparently you dont know how much drinks cost. Absolute and Red Bull is $10.50.

Diane

You can also book out certain times/functions that will have free alcohol much like the Captain's M&G and the past guest party.

How do you book the times? I assume that you just talk to your ta about it. We have 36 people so far for a 9/15/07 Liberty sailing. I would be interested to find out how this woks. Any info would be appreciated. Thanks

I don't think Carnival encourages this program. They have worked awfully hard to dispell their old image of drink till you puke, college frat parties at sea. They now concentrate on developing the idea of a family atmosphere. Who wants to have to step over drunks on the deck?

How do you book the times? I assume that you just talk to your ta about it. We have 36 people so far for a 9/15/07 Liberty sailing. I would be interested to find out how this woks. Any info would be appreciated. Thanks
From Carnival's Website.

Can I have a private party on board?

spacer.gif One of the benefits of booking through our Group Department is the assistance of the Group Special Service Desk who is able to arrange cocktail parties and organize meetings/seminars. All groups, no matter what size, will be accommodated first. Individual bookings with revenue producing events (parties and/or meetings) will then be accommodated by the Bon Voyage Department.

To arrange for a cocktail party: Contact the Bon Voyage Wedding Department at: 800 933-4968.

The group of individual bookings must purchase a cocktail party for a minimum of twenty guests (or more); the minimum purchase for a party must be at least a one hour of Open-Bar.

The party will be based on lounge availability and must take place on a day while the ship is at sea; the party cannot conflict with formal nights, dinner time or embarkation day.

To arrange for a meeting: Contact the Bon Voyage Wedding Department at: 800 933-4968.

In order for the individual bookings to have a meeting, they must purchase a cocktail party for a minimum of twenty guests (or more); the minimum purchase for a party must be at least one hour of Open-Bar.

The party will be based on lounge availability and must take place on a day while the ship is at sea; the party cannot conflict with formal nights, diner time or embarkation day.

The only equipment that will be provided at the meeting will be equipment that the ship has on board; the equipment will be complimentary and is subject to availability. The equipment will only be provided after Groups have been accommodated first. The Bon Voyage Coordinator will not only contact Groups to obtain a lounge but will also inquire about specific equipment availability.

don't remember saying it was a family cruise vacation, but if your holier-than-thou-family wants to judge all of the sinners, go for it. and heavy alcohol consumption...if a drink costs an average, $6, then you're getting about 7 drinks in one day...that's two drinks at lunch, a cocktail at dinner and splitting a bottle of wine with your significant other, then you're there. and i'd say that's pretty commonplace with adults on cruises..well, not on your family cruises of course.

I think some one earlier reported the charge for "all you can drink" alcohol was $40 per day. Again, for all you can drink. Again, I said, "cruiselines" have alot invested in the family cruise vacation. Key words, "cruiselines" "family". Not this poster. In Carnival's early days, it was not too uncommon to see deck furniture thrown overboard by drunk youth. The requiirement for one person in ea cabin to be at least 25 yrs old, was just one of the steps that Carnival had to take to change that corporate. direction. BTW. I am single and sometimes even cruise solo. So it's been very rare that I've cruised ( 19 cruises) with family.

$40.00 a day is a great bargin when compared to shore prices in bars and clubs. On the other hand I work at a members only club where a 16oz draft beer is $1.50, a bottle $1.90, mixed drinks $2.25 to $4.85 (add .50c to supersize a drink and knock .50c off for Happy Hour). They prices are low, the drinks are strong and some people spend more than $40.00 a day on drinks. To drink that much on a cruise would be at least $100.00 a day. When I cruise I bring 4 half gallons of vodka for the week and you will never see me drunk, buzzed as heck but not drunk.

Sorry I thought I changed that response it wasn't right

I just wanted to say that with glasses of water and a few naps 10 beers is easy to do and not be considered being a alcoholic but it's also more then 4 bucks a beer on the last few cruises I've been on and that's including carnival but this IS JUST MY OPINION and I do respect yours.:)

Archived