Azamara Journey features in a BBC Scotland documentary last night

uktog

I am reliably informed that there was a documentary on BBC Scotland last night (not sure if it had wider network coverage) looking at what is the "brand" Scotland all about.

It featured tourism in addition to whisky and tartan as contributing to this brand and did a section on the emerging role of Scotland as a cruise destination.

My husband who was "passively watching" suddenly realised, that's Journey and remembered a soaking wet day in July when we watched journey come in, in atrocious rain and a poor piper playing singing in the rain being filmed by TV. He said the section on Azamara lasted about a minute. He also did not know how to get a quick record button pushed on the skybox :mad:

Sadly, I remain incarcerated in that other emerging cruise market (China) with no access to BBC UK play again on my IPad :(

What I would give just now for a glimpse of my two favourites, my homeland and Journey on one screen.........

But others in the UK might like to watch. I was assured it was not an SNP led documentary!

Bonnie, it was called "How Scotland Works" and the second episode in the series. It showed Journey docking in Leith and passengers exiting the gangway to go on tours.

Phil

Thanks Phil. I'll look for it.