Cost of a Taxi?

We're a party of 4 flying in the night before to board a cruise on the Sun Princess to New Zealand. What is the cost of a taxi for 4 from the Rydges Sydney Airport Hotel to the dock? Would it be better to arrange for a transfer leaving from the airport to the dock? Thanks!

We're a party of 4 flying in the night before to board a cruise on the Sun Princess to New Zealand. What is the cost of a taxi for 4 from the Rydges Sydney Airport Hotel to the dock? Would it be better to arrange for a transfer leaving from the airport to the dock? Thanks!

you wouldnt get much change out of $50 for a taxi but get a station wagon for your luggage, a transfer would work out dearer

you wouldnt get much change out of $50 for a taxi but get a station wagon for your luggage, a transfer would work out dearer

Agreed, price will vary depending on time of day and also day of the week (i.e weekends vs week days) 9.30 am is much slower than 11 am weekdays but much quicker on the weekends.:D

Thanks for the link.

When I check the fare to White Bay, the site states that the prices are in US dollars.

Their rates are a bit weird. I compared 3 specific rates (rather than estimates) and one was higher, one was the same and one was lower than actual! Unless they took currency conversions at different dates... :eek:

Fortunately, it is only an estimate and the exchange rate is within 10% of each other. So that adds a little more chance of variability but there are many other factors that affect that as well.

in my early days i drove a sydney cab and i was never offered US dollars and i dont think i would have accepted them

If someone was paying me in USD as a one for one rate I would accept. A few years ago when our dollar was $1.06 I wouldn't have but generally our dollar has been weaker so cannot lose out of that transaction.:D

My apologies anyway......

I should have posted the Aust Site:

http://www.taxifare.com.au/

Strange thing however ...I entered White Bay Cruise Terminal... which it accepted as an option in the drop down box... but when I clicked to calculate I got an error message to say it did not recognise that destination. :eek:

It recognised White Bay however which is probably close enough...$50-$70 from the Intnl Terminal @ Mascot.

cheers

If someone was paying me in USD as a one for one rate I would accept. A few years ago when our dollar was $1.06 I wouldn't have but generally our dollar has been weaker so cannot lose out of that transaction.:D

when i was driving cabs i wasnt cruising so now that i have retired i dont drive cabs so no one will be giving me USD unless i buy some but i suppose if you was doing that kind of work and it was offered you could take it

when i was driving cabs i wasnt cruising so now that i have retired i dont drive cabs so no one will be giving me USD unless i buy some but i suppose if you was doing that kind of work and it was offered you could take it

It would also depend on your own situation e.g. how many fares you got, whether you needed the cash for other things.

I can imagine a fair number wouldn't accept, especially if they had low turnover that shift, since the cabbies don't make a lot of money... all goes to the plate owner.

My apologies anyway......

I should have posted the Aust Site:

http://www.taxifare.com.au/

Strange thing however ...I entered White Bay Cruise Terminal... which it accepted as an option in the drop down box... but when I clicked to calculate I got an error message to say it did not recognise that destination. :eek:

It recognised White Bay however which is probably close enough...$50-$70 from the Intnl Terminal @ Mascot.

cheers

Thanks for the link.

I got the same error message.

Have you thought of a mini bus the concierge could arrange this for you

You would need 2 sedan taxis for 4 of you plus luggage A mini bus can be ordered for specific pick up time

Less stress cost about the same as 2 taxis

Cruise love

Sent from my GT-I9100 using Forums mobile app