One way flight for transatlantic

vb1025

Try Aer Lingus, connecting in Dublin or Shannon, or Icelandair, connecting in Reykjavik. either airline typically has better one-way pricing than the majors.

If you book with Aer Lingus, book directly with the airline. I had trouble changing a seat assignment when I booked through a major online travel agency.

We are thinking about doing the transatlantic on the QM2. Does anyone have suggestions for the flights from US to Southampton? I checked one way prices and they are outrageous.

Presume that you are not resident in the UK, as Cunard UK sell the flights when booking a Transatlantic one way here in the UK at very good rates . Usually with BA or Virgin. Worth Contacting Cunard or your TA who would know best.

Edited by Pennbank

We are thinking about doing the transatlantic on the QM2. Does anyone have suggestions for the flights from US to Southampton? I checked one way prices and they are outrageous.

What do you define as "outrageous"? A quick search on a popular airline booking site shows fares regularly as low as $300 and at least 10 options under $600 per person.

Agree with post 2 - I have used both. Norwegian might be a possibility as well but never used them There is also a site which usually has reasonable Virgin one-ways from US. Don't know if the ban on mentioning specific sites is only for cruises. If someone clarifies, I'll post it later.

Edited by canny_cruiser

We have just booked one way (London to Boston) with our TA, they found a price with Delta, flying non stop direct, at a far better price than we could find.

Cunard is also worth a try.

From Ohio to England one way was over $1,200. Cunard price around $700. You may want to check out the cruise line prices before you book yourself in regards to the airfare. Only time I have ever seen the cruise line airfare prices cheaper. Always booked my own.

From Ohio to England one way was over $1,200. Cunard price around $700. You may want to check out the cruise line prices before you book yourself in regards to the airfare. Only time I have ever seen the cruise line airfare prices cheaper. Always booked my own.

Last year I booked air both ways with Cunard for a good price (700 from Boston) but suffered with overnight flights and the requirement to buy as soon as I booked cruise.

I've flown Aer Lingus and will try Iceland air this year with a stopover in Reykjavik for 4 days. Will try never again to do an overnight to Europe.

We will be on the sailing from Hamburg on June 3. We ended up getting the best price through Cunard also, at about $500 PP for nonstop United flight from Newark, NJ. We used flyer miles to book our domestic flights from West Palm Beach and Knoxville to Newark and back home afterward.

Ask your travel agent to get a quote from Cunard. We had the same problem - we were quoted £1400 single fare by BA vs £650 return, but Cunard came in with £250 which we grabbed without hesitation. They even honoured the same fare going out to Washington DC rather than NYC

Sent from my GT-I9300 using Forums mobile app

I have sailed on 8 crossings always booked the return air with Cunard - London to New York - paid less than $600.00 for a one way fare flying back mid June. I was

not able to upgrade with points on this fare as Cunard books O class tickets not B which is required for an upgrade.

Sorry if I appear a bit thick as I have never taken a fly/ cruise before and

assumed that the flight was a part of the fare quoted by Cunard for a

one way transatlantic.

I will be flying to NY next year, visiting relatives for about 5 days and then

taking the June 3rd 2015 QM2 voyage back to the uk.

can anyone advise me on the above and also if there is a choice of departure airports and airlines.

My preferred airport is Birmingham and I find the direct United flight departing at 9am to be my best option.

one way transatlantic.

can anyone advise me on the above and also if there is a choice of departure airports and airlines.

My preferred airport is Birmingham and I find the direct United flight departing at 9am to be my best option.

I don't believe the flights are included with a TA unless explicitly booked that way.

Cunard's air program was quite accommodating for my flights for my TA that I'm about to venture out on - I am able to fly from Houston to NYC the day prior to my cruise, and then take a nonstop flight from Paris back to Houston after spending a couple weeks in Europe after my cruise.

The agents I talked to each time I called (I had to change one of the flights just a couple weeks ago) were quite friendly and were able to provide a lot of different options with my preferred airports. The cost was significantly less than trying to book one way tickets or open jaw tickets.

I'm starting in the US, but I'd like to think that the options would be pretty similar for someone in the UK.

one way transatlantic.

UK prices tend to include Air fares but check with Cunard and also ask them about departing from Birmingham.

one way transatlantic.

When Booking on the Cunard UK website you are usually given the option of Cruise Only or Cruise and Flight. You can also sometimes extend your stay either end, by contacting Cunard by phone prior to booking.

Cunard website states

Flights and transfers

You can book our fly-cruises in one of two ways:

Choose our package fare, which includes economy class flights and transfers to and/or from your ship.

Or:

Select our cruise only fare to make your own transfer arrangements.

Airport choices

We also offer a range of regional UK departure points available at an additional supplement, with fares from £149 per person return, subject to availability. When making your cruise booking, if your chosen departure airport is not displayed, please contact our Flights department on: 0845 356 0005 (option 1) for a tailored quote. Flights are offered subject to airline schedules available at the time of booking.

Upgrades

If you would like to make your holiday even more special, we will be happy to upgrade your flight from economy class – you can arrange this through our Flights team. Upgrades are available from 11 months prior to departure, and are subject to availability. Please call us on 0845 356 0005 (option 1).

Extend your voyage

We can also help if you would like to extend your holiday, either before or after your Cunard voyage. Whether you choose one of our hotel stays or would like to visit additional destinations independently, we can assist with arranging flights tailored to suit you.

Simply let us know your preferred dates when you book your cruise, or at least before the balance due date of your holiday.

Please note that should you decide to explore a destination independently, you will need to make your own way to or from the ship on embarkation/disembarkation day and, depending on the flights you choose, an additional charge may apply.

My wife and I have found we can fly first class on Icelandair for 60% less than what the US or British carriers want. Coach on Icelandair seems to be the best deal too.

We fly Southwest to a Icelandair departure city (usually Boston) and get to use the first class lounge and have a comfortable flight to Europe. Cruise line flights to Europe have been some of the worst I have ever been on.

My wife and I have found we can fly first class on Icelandair for 60% less than what the US or British carriers want. Coach on Icelandair seems to be the best deal too.

We fly Southwest to a Icelandair departure city (usually Boston) and get to use the first class lounge and have a comfortable flight to Europe. Cruise line flights to Europe have been some of the worst I have ever been on.

Although can happen to any airline, presently Iceland air Pilots are striking

https://icelandreview.com/news/2014/05/14/still-no-agreement-between-icelandair-and-pilots