Brisbane - Lone pine koala sanctuary

lynnek

I wondered if anyone knows how easy it would be to get from the ship in Brisbane to the koala sanctuary. Also if taxi etc needed how much might they cost and how far away from the port is it? Any advice welcome.

Depending where the ship is docked. There is a city bus that will take you to lone pine from the city - runs about hourly. Less than $10

Sent from my iPhone using Forums mobile app

Hi we went there while we were on the Celebrity Solstice, we took a taxi, there were 6 of us, worked out at about $14 each, we were one of the first there and got our photo taken early with the Koalas. On the way back we took the Mirimar boat, which i think was also about $10 then from the city got a taxi back, again about $10 each. I am sure you can do it cheaper but we got about 5 hours there, which you need to do it justice. Hope this helps. It depends where your ship docks how you do it, we were a long way out in the grain terminal. You will enjoy it there, was one of the best things we did on our Australian cruise. The people who did the ships tour only had about an hour and a half there and it cost them triple what we paid.

In 2014 we were able to take the CityCat in Hamilton~~short walk from where our ship was docked~~to the Miramar Day Cruise and board by 10:00. We arrived at the Lone Pine Sanctuary at 11:15 and were there for 1 1/2 hours visiting. We boarded the return trip at 1:15 but did not have time to visit the CBD. We then returned to our cruise ship via the CityCat. It took a lot of planning on my part and I was wondering if we just should have booked with the ship's excursion desk?? On another note~~We also had another opportunity to see kangaroos when we were in Hobart, Tasmania at The Bonorong Wildlife Sanctuary in the evening. This excursion was booked with the ship and enjoyable, too. It was too complicated and I didn't feel comfortable taking a cab, etc. in Hobart. Maybe someone who has been to Brisbane since 2014 can chime in??;)