best ship/ cruseline??

CruiserBruce - can you tell me what differences you found and which way you would go in the future? We're considering either Sun Princess or RCI Radiance of the Seas for New Zealand. I don't know if it's best to go with a ship that's always there, or a cruise line we're very familiar with.

CruiserBruce - can you tell me what differences you found and which way you would go in the future? We're considering either Sun Princess or RCI Radiance of the Seas for New Zealand. I don't know if it's best to go with a ship that's always there, or a cruise line we're very familiar with.

Do you mean difference between Australian based ships, and US based ships that are visiting Australia seasonally?

I would say the major difference is food. Australian based ships will have Australian oriented food choices, some of which are very good. Generally US based ships visiting other areas (including Europe, for example) tend to stay in US oriented food mode, as there are some regulations about US based ships meeting US food quality regulations, even when out of the US. Breakfast is different in Australia than in the US. Not in a bad way, but if you are picky about what you eat, you might have an issue or two. Being a chocoholic, I sensed less chocolate on Dawn Princess that we commonly see on US based ships.

The Australian based ships don't do tipping the same way. Totally personal observation....but I sensed the employees liked having non-Australians on board, as the opportunity for extra revenue was present.

Then there is the whole debate about which way the water goes down the toilet...:D:D;)

We enjoyed our cruise on Dawn Princess, but we prefer HAL.

Edited by CruiserBruce