World Cruise - You?

sail7seas

We are at Lahaina on I believe the 12th February :( So it looks like I will have to try my whale mating call in the hope of attracting these beautiful creatures.

I have a 500mm lens plus if needs be a couple of converters but what will be, will be. I am hoping to see these whales from the ship, the better half is on an excursion to see them so hopefully we have our bases covered.

My main challenge was\is to snap an albatross or two as I never, ever thought about these humpbacks being within range :)

John,

Please invite me around when you plan to try this whale call experiment. I would love to bear witness to this! :D :D :D

John,

Please invite me around when you plan to try this whale call experiment. I would love to bear witness to this!:D :D

Oh yee of little faith ;)

They say that only 'Mad dogs and Englishmen come out in the midday sun' but quite clearly there is no sun and definitely no dogs... Just stark raving mad Englishmen (and women)

Lucky for them there were no humpback whales cruising up the River Taw :eek::eek:;)

• 3 months later...

I am in the early stages of planning a WC for 2016 The only line that has come out with an itinerary is Crystal.

I do not think we would get bored at all. We love to read, exercise and do trivia on sea days. Also the 'new' passengers on each segment would be interesting to us to meet.

Husband and I are both self employed, so how we would work that out is an issue. I feel that we have plenty of time to prepare. We will also be finished paying tuition in May 2015.

I would like to do this while we are both healthy and able to enjoy it. Husband just got his Medicare card and will be 66/67 when we do the WC.

Edited by barbjd106
not finished

We don't do our first w/c until next Jan so can't give a lot of personal experience but theire is a ship called the World - a floating condo taht is constantly on the move - from what I have heard there are people on board there that are still working - if you can get by with just the internet then you should be alright - just have to consdier access is not like on land.

For an idea of what it is like on a Crystla w/c so the post below fro Kieth doing his 2014 w/c on Crystal. This is thier 7th w/c as I recall and all are detailed in blogs.

Other lines may release thier 2016 schedule around May this year.