Omni Parker House Hotel (Boston)

bbryan5

Sorry for all the questions lately, but I'm getting married in Oct, and cruising out of Boston for the honeymoon, and want it to be perfect! I asked in a previous thread about Boston hotels. I'm planning on booking the Omni Parker House tomorrow,and was curious if anyone on here has ever stayed there? The reviews seem to range from fair to excellent. Anyone has any experience with this hotel? Thanks for any and all help you could provide!! :D:D:D

OK, I'll chime in here. Although I've never stayed there I was a contractor in Boston for many years and did a fair amount of renovation work in this hotel. Yes, it is in a great location but IMHO it is a dump. I've also been in the kitchen there and I wouldn't eat there if I was starving to death. Sorry, just my opinion. Also, the rooms are tiny, tiny.

Try the Kimpton Hotel, "Hotel Marlowe" just over by the Science Museum in Cambridge.

So are you all set with the Omni Parker House or do you want other suggestions? What are your dates and what is your budget?

Basically this hotel is one of the physically oldest in Boston. They can rehab it as much as they like, but the basic rooms are still odd sizes and there's just so much they can do with that if the room is small or awkwardly laid out to begin with.

Thanks for the info Carol. I was almost dead set on Omni, but open to suggestions. I want to spend at the MOST $400 per night. This will be for 2 nights in mid October, before we board the Dawn. Thanks!

Edited by bbryan5

Head of the Charles??

It will be for Oct 15th, and 16th.

Look at LastMinuteTravel.com to see what appeals. There is a good rate for the Marriott Copley which could be a candidate for getting their Look No Further offer of an additional 25% off because the rate is substantially below the Marriott web site rate. Back Bay is a good area to be based for more than one night. There is good subway access, lots of restaurants and shops, plus access to a whole indoor complex including Copley Place and the Prudential Center in case of bad weather.

Head of the Charles is a massive rowing regatta held in Oct that attracts a zillion people and bumps hotel prices sky high. You will just miss it.

Edited by 138east

• 2 weeks later...

We just returned from a 3 night stay at Omni Parker House. It was not

what I had expected. At best, just ok. VERY small rooms with very little

space for clothing. It was clean and had decent beds. The location was

good for our trip. Might look at Taj Hotel which is located near this same

area. FYI a Marriott hotel is located at the harbor,and a Hilton at the airport.

Boston is a wonderful city, get out and enjoy it!

ab

What did you decide bbryan? We are also looking for a room before our cruise in Oct. Would be interested to know which one you chose. And congrats on your upcoming wedding. Won't be long now.....

Well after reading a ton of reviews, we decided on the Omni Parker house! I know some here say its not the best, but after looking at many different hotels, we booked it! I'm excited about our choice. I know the rooms are small, but we plan on spending very little time in the room, and more time checking out Boston! Thanks to everyone that offered advice and insight! :D:D:D