Fenway Park Tour and Freedom Trail in one day?

bbyost

We would like to do the Fenway Park Tour and the Freedom Trail during our Boston port stop. Should we use the trolley to get an overview and then walk the Freedom trail and then do the Fenway tour before returning to our ship? Or fenway tour then the freedom trail? We are in port from 8-6 and I've been researching too much and now I'm totally confused!

Edited by bbyost

One end of the Freedom Trail starts about a 15 minute walk from Fenway at Boston Common. I suggest you get transport to the USS Constitution start the trail there, follow the trail all the way to the end at Boston Common, and then take the 15 minute walk to Fenway.

The Fenway tour is a one hour tour beginning on the hour, from 9 am. I'd do that first. Then see how much of the a Freedom Trail you can fit in at your own pace.

You don't state when you are coming, and the USS Constitution is scheduled to go into dry dock in early 2015, so do check beforehand.

One end of the Freedom Trail starts about a 15 minute walk from Fenway at Boston Common. I suggest you get transport to the USS Constitution start the trail there, follow the trail all the way to the end at Boston Common, and then take the 15 minute walk to Fenway.

Boston Common to Fenway is more like 30 minutes (1.7 miles, per Google Maps). The Pru is about a 15 minute walk from Fenway.

I'd suggest Green Line from Kenmore to Park Street (or Boylston) to get from Fenway to the Freedom Trail

Edited by Nitemare

Thanks for the advise! I think we will start at Fenway with the 9am tour and then head over towards Boston Commons and walk the trail. Hopefully, we will have enough time at the end of our walk to visit the USS Constitution. We don't have any problem with walking 10-20 miles while in a city sightseeing so I'm hoping we can do it all!

We will be there in a few weeks so we should be able to tour the USS Constitution. Thanks for the heads up though!

Should we take a water taxi from the USS Constitution back to the Black Falcon Pier?

Edited by bbyost

• 3 weeks later...

I just returned from Boston and I really enjoyed the Freedom Trail. I highly

recommend getting a Freedom Trail booklet from the visitor center at

Boston Common. It was a nice walk at my own pace (I'm a senior citizen).

Years ago we took a guided tour, it was ok, I much preferred going at my

own speed--I actually saw more!! Again, get the booklet. After I finished the Freedom Trail, I took a narrated hop-on hop-off tour which was very informative and fun--a great way to quickly see

Boston! Have fun!

ab

If you're running short on time and getting to the Constitution is a priority, you can skip the North End and the very long walk to Charlestown and take the $3.25/person T inner harbor ferry from the Aquarium (across from Faneuil Hall) to the Navy Yard. The water taxi from the Navy Yard to the cruise terminal will be $15/person, but it might be a fun way to see the city from a different point of view.

Edited by ahecht