Go Back   Cruise Critic Message Board Forums > North American Homeports > East Coast Departures

Register here!
Forgot Your Password?

Notices

East Coast Departures
Baltimore, Boston, Cape Liberty, Charleston, Montreal, New York, Norfolk, & Philadelphia l

Old October 8th, 2007, 07:25 AM
Cool Cruiser

Default Help needed for Hotel

We have decided on a Holland America cruise on 16 January from Manhatten. We fly into Newark the day before and need a 'nice' hotel which is handy for the airport and for the journey to the cruise terminal the next day. We have been in New York several times so have no great desire to stay there this time. Any recomendations? and what would a car to the cruise terminal cost?

Old October 8th, 2007, 08:45 AM
10,000+ Club

i am sure a couple NY residents will answer, but until then, you could try these if you just want to stay by newark airport.....

newark airport marriott-full service hotel w/ restaurant

COurtyard by Marriott Newark/elizabeth-cafe for breakfast, not necessarily included with rate, but they should have a package available.

Residence Inn by Marriott Newark./Elizabeth-free breakfast included-continental type things, along with, usually, eggs, some sort of meat, waffles, etc.

Country Inn & Suites Newark/Elizabeth-also some sort of included breakfast.

all 4 have shuttles...the first on is AT the airport but you can't walk. (you take the airport monorail train to the P4 stop to get all shuttles)

i have stayed in all 4 of these hotels.....they are all in good shape overall-but it has been a few years since i have been in the full service marriott.

the other 3 are located on Glimcher Realty Way (for clarification) and are near a Ruby Tuesday restaurant (like TGI Fridays or Hard Rock-but without the music!!) and a mall called jersey gardens.... www.jerseygardens.com

it is an outlet mall..not that you need anything, but there are some bargains and there is something to do and NJ doesn't charge sales tax on clothes like they do in NY.

Not sure about a car service...maybe $50-60?

there are other companies, but i have used this company's airport shuttle from my home to newark...they offer car service too...

www.olympicairporter.com

that is a start for now.......

Cape Liberty Info blog
Meg's YouTube Videos

Cape Liberty Area Hotel Photos

Click ship names below to go to albums!

My Cruise History:
Explorer of the Seas x12, Freedom x 1, Serenade x2, Summit x3, Jewel x1, Adventure, x1, Grandeur x2, Navigator x1, Enchantment, x4, CCL Pride x2, CCL Miracle x1
218 Total Nights At Sea!
illegitmi non carborundum kmt

Old October 8th, 2007, 01:06 PM
10,000+ Club

Quote:
Originally Posted by scottie99 View Post
We have decided on a Holland America cruise on 16 January from Manhatten. We fly into Newark the day before and need a 'nice' hotel which is handy for the airport and for the journey to the cruise terminal the next day. We have been in New York several times so have no great desire to stay there this time. Any recomendations? and what would a car to the cruise terminal cost?
The only Newark hotel I'd stay in is the Marriott.

Other than that either the Sheraton Weehawken or the Hyatt or Doubletree Jersey City.

Old October 8th, 2007, 03:11 PM
Cool Cruiser

Cool

Quote:
Originally Posted by BlueHerons View Post
The only Newark hotel I'd stay in is the Marriott.

Other than that either the Sheraton Weehawken or the Hyatt or Doubletree Jersey City.
Thanks for the reply. Are you talking about the same hotel that MEGR1125 refers to as the Marriot (full service) Airport Hotel as there is more than 1 Marriot mentioned.

Old October 8th, 2007, 03:23 PM
10,000+ Club

one and the same......that is the closest full service marriott to newark airport.....

Cape Liberty Info blog
Meg's YouTube Videos

Cape Liberty Area Hotel Photos

Click ship names below to go to albums!

My Cruise History:
Explorer of the Seas x12, Freedom x 1, Serenade x2, Summit x3, Jewel x1, Adventure, x1, Grandeur x2, Navigator x1, Enchantment, x4, CCL Pride x2, CCL Miracle x1
218 Total Nights At Sea!
illegitmi non carborundum kmt

Old October 8th, 2007, 03:52 PM
10,000+ Club

Quote:
Originally Posted by scottie99 View Post
Thanks for the reply. Are you talking about the same hotel that MEGR1125 refers to as the Marriot (full service) Airport Hotel as there is more than 1 Marriot mentioned.

Yes, the same Marriott MEGR1125 is referring to. The area around Newark Airport, which is actually Elizabeth, is horrible.