Food in Falmouth

NouCruzer

We're booked on a western Caribbean cruise on Oasis of the Seas this October that ports in Falmouth, Jamaica. I'm curious to know if anyone has done the Falmouth Food Tour that is offered by the local company, Jamaica Culinary Tours. Sounds interesting but looking for first hand experiences before committing.

Thanks for your help.

• 1 month later...
We're booked on a western Caribbean cruise on Oasis of the Seas this October that ports in Falmouth, Jamaica. I'm curious to know if anyone has done the Falmouth Food Tour that is offered by the local company, Jamaica Culinary Tours. Sounds interesting but looking for first hand experiences before committing.

Thanks for your help.

Try the ports board.

• 4 weeks later...
Hi,

Did you book this tour? We are going to be in Falmouth this month and I am looking forward to trying this tour.

We are going to be in Falmouth on Oct 25. I contacted the company for info and to make a booking but was informed that no tours were offered on that date for administrative reasons. :( I will contact again about a week before departure to see if anything has changed, but as of not it;s a no-go.

We are going to be there the 20th. I wonder why they closed on the 25th?

San :)

Got me... :confused: Why don't you ask and let me know. Or better yet, tell them that a really enthusiastic foodie couple is still looking for a tour on the 25th. ;)

• 4 weeks later...
We are going to be there the 20th. I wonder why they closed on the 25th?

San :)

Did you go on the tour on the 20th? Curious to hear your impressions. We contacted the vendor again just before we departed and she confirmed that there would be no tour available on our date.

We did. Loved the food! Especially the sweet treats at the end. The guides Sherrie lee and tonya were sweet and wonderful. You are walking past the gates and are in a rough area. you will not want to wear any jewelry or look like u have money. My husband put my Nikon in my purse! My husband got cornered by a guy that demanded we buy him food. Only problem is that if u buy one food they will all want food!

We did. Loved the food! Especially the sweet treats at the end. The guides Sherrie lee and tonya were sweet and wonderful. You are walking past the gates and are in a rough area. you will not want to wear any jewelry or look like u have money. My husband put my Nikon in my purse! My husband got cornered by a guy that demanded we buy him food. Only problem is that if u buy one food they will all want food!

It's disappointing that you were confronted. I had read that the locals mostly left this tour alone since it was conducted by local citizens, but I guess maybe not. How did the guides react to your situation?

• 2 weeks later...