Daylight Savings Time PSA

acwmom

Thank you for the reminder. :)

I am glad I only have to deal with that one hour without jetlag on top of it. The single hour is confusing enough for body and mind.

Have a safe journey and hopefully a couple of beer gardens will have been set up by the time you arrive in Europe.

notamermaid

Thank you for the reminder. :)

I am glad I only have to deal with that one hour without jetlag on top of it. The single hour is confusing enough for body and mind.

Have a safe journey and hopefully a couple of beer gardens will have been set up by the time you arrive in Europe.

notamermaid

The weather looks pretty good, right now, with warmer temperatures than I was expecting.

We actually leave tomorrow, and are spending 2 nights in Lucerne, prior to the start of our cruise. We always like to give ourselves a couple of days to get used to the time change. I really feel for the people who arrive the day the cruise starts.

We have dinner scheduled one night, in Lucerne, at the local brewery in town. Some outdoor beer gardens along the way would be awesome!

Robin

Robin,

Not that it matters but it´s 2 am we turn the clocks one hour forward to 3 am ;).

steamboats

I wrote 2am, but then Google told me it was 1am:p Regardless, I'll be asleep, and my phone will self correct. There are plenty of trains from Lucerne to Basel, so we will be fine.

Robin

It is always the last Sunday in March and the last Sunday in October. This year then we will turn back the clocks on Sunday 29th October at 3am to Central European time in Germany; many other countries, too. The UK is at Greenwich Mean Time, of course, one hour behind most of Europe. This wikipedia page explains it: https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Central_European_Time

notamermaid

Spring forward and Fall back, okay an Amaricanism Fall not Autumn but a great way to remember. English a language of many differences and yet we still seem to understand each other. Mind you with Greenwich Mean Time and European time on short cross channel flights it can be a tad disconcerting to arrive before you left. Happy cruising CA

Spring forward and Fall back, okay an Amaricanism Fall not Autumn but a great way to remember. English a language of many differences and yet we still seem to understand each other. Mind you with Greenwich Mean Time and European time on short cross channel flights it can be a tad disconcerting to arrive before you left. Happy cruising CA

Yep, still looks weird when I look at my channel-crossing tickets and they say "train leaves at 16.00 and arrives at 15.45". That only became a problem with the appearance of (fast) trains. The timetables just got too confusing, something had to be done. Old station clocks with two minute hands can still be admired: https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Railway_time

I like the "Spring forward - Fall back". Good way to remember.

notamermaid

I was very surprised when I flew from Seville, Spain to Lisbon, Portugal departing at 11:20 and arriving at 11:25. I was very surprised to realize that Portugal was on UK time, not western Europe time.