Which is better? Royston's Island Tour or Thenford Grey's Grand Tour?

tusconcam

I'm booked on a Thenford tour next week and I booked for two people. I expect to join up with others but they never told us that 2 was too few.

This seems to be a reoccurring theme most tour guides want a minimum of 4 people. Meaning you're almost forced to risk not getting any tour booked if there's only 2 of you!

Sent from my iPad using Forums

There are many taxi/tour operators that are at the pier in St Kitts offering their services. Most do not have a presence on social media (facebook or web site) but they do an excellent job of presenting their island to the visitors. Most are a single person operation. I would not worry about not having an excursion booked prior to your arrival on St Kitts, you will find one.

I'm booked on a Thenford tour next week and I booked for two people. I expect to join up with others but they never told us that 2 was too few.

Update on my previous post: We took the Grand island tour with Thenford today. There were a dozen people on the tour and Thenford narrated while Jermaine drove. We departed on time, had a wonderful tour, and we were back to the ship in plenty of time. Thenford was kind enough to do a couple special things for our anniversary we were celebrating.

Thenford is amazing. Simply amazing. We did the Grand Tour of St Kitts. I couldn't possible recommend this tour more. We were lucky to have Thenford himself as our tour guide. I was with a large group that filled two two buses, and he had both decorated on the back windows with a welcome message to us. He even sang to us at one point. What a lovely man.

If interested, I did a full trip report for my Nov 2016 cruise (link is in my signature). There are many pictures, and more details, about this tour in it.

Sent from my iPhone using Forums mobile app

Thenford is amazing. Simply amazing. We did the Grand Tour of St Kitts. I couldn't possible recommend this tour more. We were lucky to have Thenford himself as our tour guide. I was with a large group that filled two two buses, and he had both decorated on the back windows with a welcome message to us. He even sang to us at one point. What a lovely man.

If interested, I did a full trip report for my Nov 2016 cruise (link is in my signature). There are many pictures, and more details, about this tour in it.

Sent from my iPhone using Forums mobile app

Thanks I'll definitely take a peek. We booked Thenfords grand tour as well

Sent from my SM-G900V using Forums mobile app

• 1 month later...

I did Mr. Grey's Grand Tour twice (last time it was on my birthday and when we got back to the van after the beach stop, there was writing on the back window and a Birthday balloon for me).

Next time there, I wanted to book the Nevis tour but couldn't get enough interest in our roll call, so I went elsewhere that time.

Next time, we had a big group from the roll call and did the Nevis tour.

So, I just booked another cruise that stops in St Kitts in November. I'm seriously considering doing Mr. Grey's Grand Tour yet again.

Folks, please remember that sometimes internet service in the islands is spotty and unreliable. If someone doesn't reply immediately, try again in a day or two. And remember that they're usually out doing all-day tours so it's difficult for them to stop and reply immediately!

Mr. Grey's vehicles were larger than the typical island 12-person mini-van. Even 4 people sounds like too few to make it worthwhile. Keep nagging your roll call members and send them over here or to Trip Advisor to read the reviews.

• 4 months later...

I booked a tour with Royston. He was having van trouble and had Ashton take us instead. There were 8 of us. Ashton is a great tour guide; very knowledgeable and very friendly. He provided water, soft drinks and beer during the tour. He also provided BBQ chicken wings and a hot roll for lunch at a secluded spot overlooking the beach. The chicken was the best BBQ I've ever eaten. You'll love Ashton's tour. IF Royston's are the same meal and drinks, you'll like that one too.