Same Day Flight from OAK to LGB OK?

Booked Princess Ruby 5 night cruise departs 4.15 (Saturday).

Thinking of flying same day and only one early flight depart 9:20am arrive LGB @ 10:45am. I would assume enough time to get a taxi to get to the port? If that one is delayed then may have to look at LAX.

Also, return flight from LGB to OAK 10:45am doable?

Thanks, appreciate.

I would not hesitate to book that OAK-LGB flight. Will the Ruby Princess be in San Pedro or Long Beach? Either way, you should be fine.

I'd be a little nervous about the return flight. I assume you are flying Jet Blue. You could always look at flying JB down and maybe Southwest back, out of LAX? They have many more flights per day between LAX and OAK.

The OAK to LGB flight should be no problrm. We fly from Orlando to South Florida, and New Orleans leaving as early as possible. Never know when you will need the extra time. I personnaly would choose a flight after noon returning to OAK. Any type of delay could put the 1045am flightt in jeopardy. I also would rather wait a little longer at the airport than maybe having to stay overnight.

I would not hesitate to book that OAK-LGB flight. Will the Ruby Princess be in San Pedro or Long Beach? Either way, you should be fine.

I'd be a little nervous about the return flight. I assume you are flying Jet Blue. You could always look at flying JB down and maybe Southwest back, out of LAX? They have many more flights per day between LAX and OAK.

Princess always (about 99.9%) uses the Port of LA (San Pedro) to start or end a cruise. Sometimes Long Beach may be a port day stop for the coastal cruises, but only if Carnival isn't using its berth.

Personally, I wouldn't risk a same day flight unless you're within driving distance (just in case there's weather problems or an earthquake which would close down LAX), and that's about a six hour drive, minimum.

• 4 weeks later...

Have you considered driving most of the way down the night before? A hotel in Bakersfield, for instance, would be around $100, and it would put you in easy reach of San Pedro in the morning. But, even the Crown Plaza in San Pedro came up as $129 for Fri. night on their site.

There is a thread about someone who flew SAC-LAX day of their Princess cruise. They experienced delays and missed their cruise.

IIRC 4x4 Bob 'Our Most Excellent Adventure'

Has the Tule Fog been bad lately?