Scenic Cabin Sizes

Bolshoi

I'm doing my due diligence for a river cruise next year. Our target of interest is the Rhone and I'm considering Scenic, Uniworld, Tauck, and Viking (knowing that Viking may not be in the same category as the other 3). However, I find myself very frustrated with Scenic's wedsite regarding cabin sizing and pricing. All the others provide both pieces of information on their web, but Scenic requires that you request a quote (which I've done, reluctantly).

Can anyone direct me to a site that would have the cabin sizes for the Scenic 'Space Ships'?

Many thanks!

Scenic really does have an awful website. They tuck the info into the small print on their brochures. The paper brochures are hard enough to read (brown ink on beige background, or white ink on brown background); the pdf on the website is impossible.

Anyway, according to the brochure in front of me, the balcony suites on the Sapphire, Emerald and Diamond are 205 sf, junior balcony 250 sf, Royal Panorama 325 sf, and owner's suite 510 sf. Those measurements all include the "sun lounge." The standard suite, which I've been told to avoid, is 160 sf. Some of the other "space ships" also do the Rhone. They appear to have more types of highest-end suites, but the balcony and junior balcony are the same square footage as the three ships I cited.

I'll be going on Scenic for the first time in October. I'm looking forward to it, and am told that the horrid website is no reflection on the onboard experience--quite the opposite.

Howdy Bolshoi, Lisa and Gary here.

If you should go on Scenic's Website scenicusa.com and at the top it list space ships and then highlight on the ship that you may be cruising with, like us we are getting ready September 24 to do the Spectacular South of France with Paris and Monte Carlo doing the Rhone on the newly redesigned Sapphire and lucky enough to be upgraded to the Royal Owners Suite 510 sq. ft.

Once you get the ship hifhlight and then go to cabin and deck plans and scroll down towards the bottom and there is a list of cabins and sizes and layout.

If you should happen to go to Cruise Critic and go to Scenic Spectacular South of France with Paris and Monte Carlo for 2017 my posting name is LoneStarCruisinCouple and there is a photo just in our living room.

We arrive into Paris on the 19th and have a NonStop schedule from the time we arrive until we set out on the TGV for Dijon and onto our awaiting ship in Chalon-sur-Saone.

Sent from my SM-G925P using Tapatalk

Ditto for using the Australian website. Go to European river cruises, then "tour our ships" and click on the ships there for the route you are interested in. Shows the layout, all the room options, and their sizes. We had the Deluxe Balcony - ample room for my mother and I. Plus a completely separate balcony which was great.

Our Deluxe Balcony on Diamond Deck on the Diamond felt small. We could not open the closet door without it being stopped by the bed and there was no room to walk around when it was open. The safe was on the floor and we had to get down on our hands and knees to use it, which was irksome. Really limited storage/shelving in bathroom.

It was a layout issue rather than a space issue but it felt smaller than similarly sized cabins on other ships. Great beds!

Our Deluxe Balcony on Diamond Deck on the Diamond felt small. We could not open the closet door without it being stopped by the bed and there was no room to walk around when it was open. The safe was on the floor and we had to get down on our hands and knees to use it, which was irksome. Really limited storage/shelving in bathroom.

It was a layout issue rather than a space issue but it felt smaller than similarly sized cabins on other ships. Great beds!

Must be different depending on the boat. Our closet door was sliding, and the safe was sitting on a shelf inside it. We were on the Jade, on the Sapphire deck.

• 2 weeks later...

On another note, I wanted to add a fact for your due diligence. Tauck has 90 passengers compared to 120 on the same size ship used by Viking. This means larger public rooms. Didn't mean to hijack your request.

Sent from my iPad using Forums