Which Alaska?

villager70

Hi fellow cruisers. Thanks in advance for any info you can share. Looking at a 7 day cruise and would appreciate your recommendations on n/s route or the inside passage. Not looking at rail tour or bus.early sept. Bob:):):)

We recently did an inside passage that included Glacier Bay, and it was the best cruise we ever took, we had a beyond fantastic time. We did it on the Golden Princess, but I believe the route is only offered this time on the Star Princess, could be wrong though.

I took this cruise, though on another cruiseline. Glacier Bay itineraries are more expensive, but I feel it's definitely worth it! RT from Seattle is great.

We did the RT Seattle Cruise (7-day inside passage with Tracy Arm Fjord) a few years ago on the Sapphire and absolutely loved it! RT Seattle flights were inexpensive for us via JetBlue and the cruise in early June was very reasonably priced. Weather was great too!

The "inside passage" should be between Vancouver Island and the mainland of BC. Often cruise ships refer to it as such when they go outside Vancouver Island, probably figuring that it is "inside" in Alaska. I would guess that ships that leave from Vancouver would go between the island and the mainland, but am not sure about the ones from Seattle.

Archived