Alcohol for in-room consumption?

mcgore83

Does Carnival allow this? I read on the RCCL boards this was no longer allowed. Since my next cruise is on Carnival, I would like to know. If it is available, what is the fee for in-room consumption? I know you guys will help me, thanks in advance. PS- did search, came up with nothing, so please forgive if this has already been addressed.

You are allowed to take a reasonable amount of beer, wine/champagne on board with you and there is no in room consumption fee.

Hard liquor is prohibited but many take in on board with them. We did and did not have any problems but that doesn't mean you will automatically have no problems if you do sneak it aboard.

We checked a half gallon of vodka in our dive bag.

No beer or hard liquor is to be brought onto the ship, either from port of embarkation or visited ports. If found, it will be confiscated.

A couple of bottles of wine and reasonable amount of soft drinks are allowed.

If you purchase anything of an alcoholic nature from the ship's shop, it will be held until the last evening of your cruise. Can't take it back to your cabin.

You can also order liquor directly from Carnival in any size and they will have it already in your room when you board. Saves sneaking it on. It costs a little more but well worth the convenience. Also it's good if you are flying to the port. We did this for our Alaskan cruise and enjoyed drinks as soon as we got to our cabin!

It is not on the web site, you have to call to order.

That's news to me. No one on these boards has ever mentioned that before. You have personally does this with Carnival? I know we have done it with Princess and it was great. Hope you are right. I will phone tomorrow. Thanks for the information.

yes we did on the Spirit last September. Couldn't find anything on Carnival site but called and had no problem. I saw it posted on the boards somewhere and sure enough they had any kind you wanted. Fast and easy and no sneaking or worrying about it.

How much is it? On Princess last March the Captain Morgan and Absolute were $22.00/liter. Is that about the same? It worked out great! Doing a B2B in February and would like to do the same on Carnival.

Thanks for sharing the info.

I was wondering if you could purchase the alcohol on board and pay for in-room consumption. DH thinks it easier than smuggling. In either case, we like to have a drink in the cabin while getting ready for dinner, activities, or bed! Thanks for any information.

It wouldn't be to hard to sneak it in if you put the alcohol in used bottles, like water bottles or juice or pop bottles. Then, you can mix your own drinks in your room. Don't forget the shaker!

There is no way to buy alcohol on board and bring it back to your room. There is no amount of money that will change their mind, unfortunately.

I am not too clear with some of the responses here-- are you allowed to buy drinks in the bars and bring them back to your rooms? I have been on two cruises in the past, but I don't remember whether there is a rule regarding this thing.

I was wondering if you could purchase the alcohol on board and pay for in-room consumption. DH thinks it easier than smuggling. In either case, we like to have a drink in the cabin while getting ready for dinner, activities, or bed! Thanks for any information.

Getting ready for dinner ?

Activities or Bed sounds like they are one in the same !

LOL

Just smuggle like the rest of us ! But your husband is right it is alot of hassle if you empty your Listerine bottles, or water bottles only to fill them with vodka or rum...

LOL

I am not too clear with some of the responses here-- are you allowed to buy drinks in the bars and bring them back to your rooms? I have been on two cruises in the past, but I don't remember whether there is a rule regarding this thing.

YES, any drinks you buy at any of the bars on the ship, you can take with you any place on the ship, including back to your cabin.

Im one to the guys who smuggle my own on board tho. cokes are allowed to be brought on, and we brought our rum in water bottles.

:)

You are allowed fine wine or champange. Liquor/Beer is not allowed to be brought on (If there is a will...there is a way :) )

On my last Carnival cruise I did bring some Remy Martin and had to take it out of my carry on bag to show it. Fortunately, the label reads: Fine Champagne Cognac.

It wouldn't be to hard to sneak it in if you put the alcohol in used bottles, like water bottles or juice or pop bottles. Then, you can mix your own drinks in your room. Don't forget the shaker!

There is no way to buy alcohol on board and bring it back to your room. There is no amount of money that will change their mind, unfortunately.

Oh great, booze advise from a 15 year old. :rolleyes:

Archived