FLL hotel to POM via shuttle - pick-up and transfer time?

pegbert

I posted this to the NCL board, but it was suggested that I might get better answers if I post here....

We have always sailed Princess out of Port Everglades. This November we will be sailing with NCL for the first time, and understand that within 60 days of sailing they will assign us a specific boarding time. We will be staying at the Pier 66 in FLL the night before, and taking a non-NCL shuttle directly from the hotel to the POM. The shuttle company is asking us for a specific hotel pick-up time.

Since we are still 5 months out, obviously we do not know our assigned boarding time yet. The ship sails at 4pm, and the NCL site states that we should be on board 2 hours prior to sailing. The shuttle company says to allow 1 hour total travel time from hotel to POM. That being said, what would be a good time to have the shuttle pick us up at our FLL hotel? We are in no rush to get on the ship, but on the other hand we want to allow enough time without ending up standing in the parking lot for 3 or 4 hours until they call our boarding number. We are leaning towards a noon pick-up for 1pm arrival, but some seem to suggest arriving at the port much earlier. How strict is NCL with the boarding assignments? If we are 3 hours early, is there somewhere comfortable to wait, or will we end up in a holding line out in the heat?

I know there is no perfect science to this, but hoping that others can chime in with their experience with a same-day transfer from the Fort Lauderdale area to POM.

Thanks in advance,

Peg

Pick-up between 11:30-noon to be at check-in between 1230-1:30 -- plenty of time.

I doubt NCL is that strict with boarding times, but since I've never cruised NCL I would suggest also posting this question on the NCL board.