hotel ft lauderdale - Not much response so I'll try again

DMRick

While I'd like to stay at the Embassy, just because I'm familiar with it and the area. it's twice the price of these two. Any thoughts on which you would pick?

Ramada Fort Lauderdale Oakland Park (formerly Best Western Oakland Park Inn, 3001 North Federal Hgy $282 total for two nights) (they charge $6 each from airport and to cruiseport so add $24)or

Best Western Plus Fort Lauderdale Airport

1900 Stirling Rd($302 total two nights) (airport shuttle free, $10 to cruiseport each so add $20).

Both offer free breakfast and free wifi.

We are there two nights, so would like a mall, restaurant nearby. Both offer free cancellation.

Ramada is around 30 minutes from the airport, Best Western 10. Actual traffic and how quick the shuttle finds you can vary significantly depending on what time you are arriving on Saturday Jan 2 (FLL will be a total zoo that weekend).

There are tons of restaurants, a K-Mart and BJs a couple blocks from the Best Western at Oakwood Plaza. And you are close enough to the port that a cab will only be a bit more than $20 should there be a long wait for the shuttle Monday morning.

Ramada is around 30 minutes from the airport, Best Western 10. Actual traffic and how quick the shuttle finds you can vary significantly depending on what time you are arriving on Saturday Jan 2 (FLL will be a total zoo that weekend).

There are tons of restaurants, a K-Mart and BJs a couple blocks from the Best Western at Oakwood Plaza. And you are close enough to the port that a cab will only be a bit more than $20 should there be a long wait for the shuttle Monday morning.

Thank you.

The Best Western is a popular pre-cruise hotel, as are the other ones right in the vicinity. Not a Ramada fan, and wonder if the reason that Ramada is a former Best Western is because it wasn't good enough to even be a Best Western anymore. Hated the one Ramada we stayed in down there, the one at I-95 and State Rd 84.

Crowne Plaza at airport and cruise terminal. Very nice hotel with a restaurant for under $200 per night. Also like Hyatt Place near 17th street but about $297 per night.

We've stayed at the Crowne Plaza twice now and will probably stay there again this year. Clean and has offers a shuttle to the pier for a nominal fee.

Remember when quoting prices that OP is looking at New Year's weekend. Best price I could find for that Crowne Plaza was $430 non-refundable for the two nights in question. The Best Western is perfectly fine for what they are looking for.

Thanks everyone. My travel agent got back to me with Princess' prices and of course they were outrageous. She also told me she stayed in January at the now Ramada Inn formerly Best Western on No Federal Hgwy and while it wasn't fancy smancy, it was clean, had a good breakfast, near a mall, etc, and she was happy with it. All in, with a $35 credit from Travelpony for being a new customer, two nights is $225 which includes tax (plus I believe there is a hotel fee payable at the hotel) plus transport from airport and to the cruise ($24 plus tip). As mentioned above, it's for Jan 2 - 4, so prices are higher than usual. I can cancel within 72 hours of stay at no loss, so if one of the 17th st hotels has a great sale, I can change. I appreciate your help.