Fort Lauderdale airport transportation?

dandsfranklin

What time does your flight get into Ft Lauderdale? The last time we went out of Miami and used NCL transportation I think it was around $30 per person. It was a little chaotic getting on ... But work out ok.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

We are flying into Ft Lauderdale the morning of departure (taking a chance, I know but that's a whole different thread, lol). Recommendations for taxi versus pre-purchasing Carnival transportation from airport to ship.

Thanks

Which port are you sailing out of? If Port Everglades, it is about a ten minute taxi ride and will cost about $10.

If Port of Miami, a taxi will take you anywhere from 30-60 minutes (depending on traffic). It will also cost you about $80. You are better off using a shuttle service, whether it be Carnival's or an outside company.

We are flying into Ft Lauderdale the morning of departure (taking a chance, I know but that's a whole different thread, lol). Recommendations for taxi versus pre-purchasing Carnival transportation from airport to ship.

Thanks 😄

I would try ridesas.com or a taxi before I used the cruiseline shuttle

Bill

What time does your flight get into Ft Lauderdale? The last time we went out of Miami and used NCL transportation I think it was around $30 per person. It was a little chaotic getting on ... But work out ok.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Flight arrives at 11:11

Which port are you sailing out of? If Port Everglades, it is about a ten minute taxi ride and will cost about $10.

If Port of Miami, a taxi will take you anywhere from 30-60 minutes (depending on traffic). It will also cost you about $80. You are better off using a shuttle service, whether it be Carnival's or an outside company.

I've never done this cruise. It says we're sailing from Ft Lauderdale. Is that the same as Port Everglades?

I've never done this cruise. It says we're sailing from Ft Lauderdale. Is that the same as Port Everglades?

Yes Port Everglades is the same as Fort lauderdale.

Getting in at 11:11am it would probably be cheaper to take the taxi which will probably be $15 - $20 total. SAS charges $15 a head.

Bill

Yes Port Everglades is the same as Fort lauderdale.

Getting in at 11:11am it would probably be cheaper to take the taxi which will probably be $15 - $20 total. SAS charges $15 a head.

Bill

Thanks Bill. How long is the ride from the airport to the cruise terminal?

Yes. You can actually see the ships up close and personal when landing. Take a taxi. Ten minutes and you're there!

If you take a shuttle, you will have to wait for the shuttle to be full before it takes off. Also, if you forgot anything, the taxi driver can stop at Walgreen's along the way. Go Shuttle will cost you about $25 for both of you. I don't know about how much SAS shuttle will be.

Edited by FTLCruiseGal

Thanks Bill. How long is the ride from the airport to the cruise terminal?

very quick ride 10-15 min. sometimes it may take a little longer if there is a lot of traffic going to the port. The later it gets the more the traffic.

There is a North American departure section on this site where you could get all kinds of info. about Fort Lauderdale...this thread will likely be moved there shortly.

have a great cruise

Yes. You can actually see the ships up close and personal when landing. Take a taxi. Ten minutes and you're there!

If you take a shuttle, you will have to wait for the shuttle to be full before it takes off. Also, if you forgot anything, the taxi driver can stop at Walgreen's along the way. Go Shuttle will cost you about $25 for both of you. I don't know about how much SAS shuttle will be.

Thanks so much!

very quick ride 10-15 min. sometimes it may take a little longer if there is a lot of traffic going to the port. The later it gets the more the traffic.

There is a North American departure section on this site where you could get all kinds of info. about Fort Lauderdale...this thread will likely be moved there shortly.

have a great cruise

Thanks! I'll go there

Thanks 😄

We love flying into and out of FLL. It's a very nice airport. Port Everglades is one of my favorite cruise ports. They are so close that we could see ships from the airport gate and planes from the ship. The two were only about 10 minute taxi ride apart and cost us $15, including tip. Don't take the Carnival shuttle. Besides being much more expensive, the shuttles often wait to be full of passengers before departing from the port. Surely you want to start your vacation right away. :D There were always lots of taxis lined up at the airport.

Have a great cruise.

We love flying into and out of FLL. It's a very nice airport. Port Everglades is one of my favorite cruise ports. They are so close that we could see ships from the airport gate and planes from the ship. The two were only about 10 minute taxi ride apart and cost us $15, including tip. Don't take the Carnival shuttle. Besides being much more expensive, the shuttles often wait to be full of passengers before departing from the port. Surely you want to start your vacation right away. :D There were always lots of taxis lined up at the airport.

Have a great cruise.

Thanks so much! We're excited. We've always sailed out of Galveston, so this will all be new to us. We've sailed the Conquest when she was in Galveston.

Just flew into the FLL airport and actually took hotel shuttle, but my daughters flight was delayed and got in after midnight, so hotel shuttle was a no go. We called about a taxi and fare would have been $18-$20 (plus tip) for fare. She has an Uber account and they only charged $11.60 no tip needed for same distance. Actually I couldn't believe how quickly she arrived from the time of landing, claiming baggage and arriving to the hotel. It was much faster than our hotel shuttle. I think I'm going to set up my own Uber account and utilize it from now on wherever it is available.

Cab is the fastest and most efficient. There will be plenty available and depending on traffic fare will run about $15. Cruise ship shuttles for this short ride are over priced and as mentioned will delay you in getting you to the ship.

Just flew into the FLL airport and actually took hotel shuttle, but my daughters flight was delayed and got in after midnight, so hotel shuttle was a no go. We called about a taxi and fare would have been $18-$20 (plus tip) for fare. She has an Uber account and they only charged $11.60 no tip needed for same distance. Actually I couldn't believe how quickly she arrived from the time of landing, claiming baggage and arriving to the hotel. It was much faster than our hotel shuttle. I think I'm going to set up my own Uber account and utilize it from now on wherever it is available.

Uber rules are different for some airports now. Not all drivers can do the airport pickups from FLL. They need a chauffer's license. This is a short trip. I'd stick with the cabs.