Miami Pre-Cruise Hotel?

jargey3000

We are 4 adults and a 3 year old. Were flying into Fort Lauderdale and staying at The Holiday Inn Bayside in Miami. My question is what is our best way to get from the airport to hotel. Then when we get off the ship we need to get back to the airport for 11:55 flights. Thank You. Were cursing the end of January.

You can book a shuttle service. We use QLS , but there are a few others. JiffyJeff,SAS....

Cost is around $15-20 per person. You could also look at a larger Uber or cab . With your group size, costs will be close to shuttle.

Pick up after cruise can be arranged with the same. Altho with that flight time I'd get off the ship by 8:15 or so if you don't have a private ride booked. Jan. can be very busy at the port and FLL.

One large or two sedan cabs to the ship for boarding from HI is easiest. Or large uber. You are only blocks from your ship.

Edited by eandj

John gave you great ideas and info. You will probably need to add a bit to your budget. Personally if you have a portion of the day along with the evening to enjoy, I'd not stay out in the airport area. Stay if you can downtown, where you can enjoy the warm air, dinner and drink at an outdoor table with a view.

I see a 4 star in downtown on Hot Wire for just under $150. 80% favorable.

Priceline express also has the 4 star property for $150. Lines up to be the Hyatt. Very good price.

Thanks. I'm not too familiar with hotwire or priceline.

Can anyone please guide me as how go to hotwire or priceline & zero in on getting these specific hotel(s) at the $150 rate? thanks

Edited by jargey3000

I did, I spoke to two different women with the same results, after I spoke to them I called the hotel directly and they told me the same thing. I am just so frustrated. I have the original email with the lower price but they said since I "modified" my reservation I now have to pay the rate of the room the day it was modified. UGH.

You have to be careful with the Hilton website. If you click on change instead of view it will adjust the rate. I have the Doubletree booked, I added the 2nd adult, but my record shows 1 adult, but DH's name is listed as additional adult. I am afraid to change anything because I don't want my rate to change. I'll handle it at check-in.

We are 4 adults and a 3 year old. Were flying into Fort Lauderdale and staying at The Holiday Inn Bayside in Miami. My question is what is our best way to get from the airport to hotel. Then when we get off the ship we need to get back to the airport for 11:55 flights. Thank You. Were cursing the end of January.

If you travel light the 5 of you could use Uber XL or an SUV/minivan taxi - fare from FLL to your hotel should be about $75+ Same option will get you back from POM to FLL

Has anyone stayed at the Embassy Suites in Miami? What shape is the hotel in? I've stayed at ES in FLL many times but have no experience with the Miami one.

Sent from my iPhone using Forums

Near the airport, not an attractive area, and isolated - no shopping or dining nearby. A better MIA airport option (IMHO) is the Homewood Suites Blue Lagoon - nicer area with a strip mall nearby with dining and shopping options.

Better yet, stay downtown near POM. Homewood Suite and Hampton Inn (both in the Mary Brickell area) are popular with cruisers. Other popular Miami hotels include Hyatt, Doubletree, Intercontinental and various Marriott properties.

Have a great cruise!

I am currently booked at the Hampton Inn Miami Downtown/Brickell, today while double checking all of our reservations I noticed that the reservation I made on March 3, 2016 had a different price than the reservation I was looking at on the app on my phone, the original email from March 3, had the rate including taxes $70.00 cheaper. I called and was told the reason for the price difference was that I had modified the reservation, when I had not. The woman on the phone said she was reading my account and said that I switched from one night to two nights then back to one night on 3 different dates. I do not recall ever doing that, I did however log in and book the night before our flight on one of the dates in question. This woman was rude and when I asked her how to have my rate adjusted she said there was no way to do that. I then finally got another person on the line and they too said no way to adjust the rate. I am so angry with the customer service with Hampton Inn right now, we are loyal customers and rarely stray from the brand (they didn't care about that either). Any advice?

Call the corporate headquarters but in all honesty, I'm not surprised.

You are going to be pushing it.

It is an hour from the POM to the FLL airport.

Hop a cab immediately. You don't really have time for a shuttle especially if anything holds you up during disembarkation.

From FLL airport to Miami hotel , Super Shuttle . From POM to FLL walk off ship w/ all luggage and take taxi to airport (see if Super Shuttle is available but don't count on them). good luck - if you don't get held up in POM customs and the stars are all aligned - you will probably make it - Good Luck

Sent from my iPhone using Forums

I have stayed at YVE Miami 3x. I always fly in a day early and hang out directly across the street at Bayside Market place. Shuttle to the pier was $6 pp as of last year.

There is no worry about sketchy neighborhoods like some of the cheaper hotels and I love easy access to the water at the marketplace just across the road.

I have been a hotels.com devotee for years but found a great deal on this hotel through Trivago, with "resort" fees, taxes, etc came in at $140.

• 4 weeks later...

We are arriving around 6pm 23.12.16 (2adults) at Miami for a cruise departing 24.12.16 from Miami. We have the Hampton Brickell booked for NYE as we obviously want somewhere nice for that night but the 23rd would prefer somewhere that has a free shuttle to the port please could someone make a suggestion? Help much appreciated