Pasta Bella On The Dream

Raxter54

I've heard about the Pasta Bella restaurant on the Dream, but can't find it on the deck plans. It is supposed to be up some stairs in the Lido buffet, but the deck plans show just an additional sitting area above the Lido. Is it just no labeled on the deck plans? It looks delicious, and it is not usually busy on embarkation day, I just need to know where it is :confused:

Go to the back side of the buffet and the stairs are right there. It's free for lunch. We enjoyed it very much but we never went to dinner because I didn't feel like paying for it.

Carnival is kinda like a drug dealer. Your first taste is free (lunch), but if want more, you have to pay (dinner)...

When di d they start charging for dinner? We have been on the dream three times in the last year and they were never open for dinner. We were on in May and going in August. Hope they are open, we love it.

Thinking someone gave the wrong info and they are still closed for dinner. Italian place on later two ships in Dream class is a pay place for dinner but not Dream.

It probably is my mistaken information. That was my first cruise and what I was told. I never went back and checked in the evenings. Sorry if I gave wrong info. I wouldn't want to mess anyone up because everyone on here has been so helpful, and I was just getting to give back [emoji16]

From what I've been able to figure out, on the Dream it is called Pasta Bella and is free for lunch, not open for dinner. On the Breeze/Magic it is called Cucina Del Capitano and free for lunch and up charge for dinner. No idea why it is different between the ships...

It probably is my mistaken information. That was my first cruise and what I was told. I never went back and checked in the evenings. Sorry if I gave wrong info. I wouldn't want to mess anyone up because everyone on here has been so helpful, and I was just getting to give back [emoji16]

No problem at all:):)

From what I've been able to figure out, on the Dream it is called Pasta Bella and is free for lunch, not open for dinner. On the Breeze/Magic it is called Cucina Del Capitano and free for lunch and up charge for dinner. No idea why it is different between the ships...

My guess is when they built the Breeze/ Magic someone decided they could make a few bucks charging for dinner here and built the ships with a larger galley up there. On Dream all they are doing is basically making pasta.

Yep, on the Dream it is just a pasta place, and on the Magic and Breeze, it is a pasta place by day, and an Italian restaurant by night. It isn't the same food for dinner. They actually have a full Italian Menu, and I believe it is $15 per person.

Cucina Del Capitano is delicious. I was on the Breeze back in march and had both lunch and dinner in there. Lunch is free and is a pasta bar. For dinner, they have a full Italian restaurant and it is delicious. We went two nights in a row. The servers in there treat you like royalty. For dinner it is $15 per person but is worth it. Each person gets an appetizer, entree, side and dessert for that price. I highly recommend going for dinner!

The best way to get to Pasta Bella is go to the aft elevators and go to deck

11 panorama and when you get of you can go out to the open deck or go

right into Pasta Bella's. You will go right into where they greet you and give

you the menu card to check off what you want. I highly recommend this

restaurant. The Dream is one of carnivals best ships. You will enjoy it.

HAPPY SAILING!!!

• 2 weeks later...

There is a rear elevator to the Pasta Bella also. The food served at lunch is quite good and my understanding that on ships that have the Cucina del Capitano, the menu is far different at night than what is served on Dream at lunch.

Edited by katiel53

There is a rear elevator to the Pasta Bella also. The food served at lunch is quite good and my understanding that on ships that have the Cucina del Capitano, the menu is far different at night than what is served on Dream at lunch.

Is the elevator accessed from the buffet area or somewhere else?

I am thinking of going there for lunch when we embark and it would be good to head the right way. :)

Is the elevator accessed from the buffet area or somewhere else?

I am thinking of going there for lunch when we embark and it would be good to head the right way. :)

From the deck plans I've seen, take the rear elevators to deck 11 and you step right out at the entrance to Pasta Bella....