hotels near Seattle cruise ship terminal

SnowDay

We are cruising to Alaska and leaving from Seattle this summer. Could anyone suggest good hotels near the terminal? We are hoping not to rent a car so any shuttle information would be appreciated also. Thanks!

We are also sailing to Alaska out of Seattle this year..

After much research we found that the only hotels that offer shuttles are the ones near SEATAC.

We were going to stay in that area but decided to stay Downtown. Even though it costs a bit more, we would save a lot of precious time travelling back & forth to the airport.

There are lots of experts on this site - I am sure you will get lots of replies

I live in the Seattle area. There are really no hotels close to the port at Pier 91 in Seattle. The closest is a Homewood Suites on Elliott Ave W. There are lots in downtown Seattle & surrounding the airport. The light rail will easily get you downtown inexpensively. If you have much luggage, a cab or UBER might be better.

Sent from my iPhone using Forums

Edited by Btimmer

Princess departs from Pier 91 Smith Cove. There are no hotels in that general area. The Silver Cloud has a shuttle to the pier. Also, if you only have a day or two in Seattle a car is a waste of time. The downtown area is very walkable and there is public transportation if needed.

This topic is discussed frequently on the West Coast Departures forum.

Pier 91 is about 5 miles north of downtown in an industrial-type area. A taxi from downtown is only about $25 so don't let the shuttle be a deciding factor in your hotel choice. Use expedia or similar site to find a hotel in your budget, with required amenities. (The Space Needle area/lower Queen Anne is more budget friendly than downtown, yet only 5 minutes away by monorail.)

Pier 66 is downtown on the waterfront. The Marriott is across the street from the pier and the Edgewater is next door to it.

If a shuutle service is a priority, stay at a hotel that partners with Seattle Express.

http://seattleexpress.com/2901.html

There is good hotel info on the Seattle forum of tripadvisor under Top Questions. There's also a thread for cruisers.

Also, look at trip reports (in STICKYs above) to get first hand reports on where people stayed pre or post cruise.

Thank you for the quick responses. I didn't know there was a West Coast Departures forum so I will definitely check it out. FYI I do know Seattle is not Alaska but it is the beginning of our trip so I thought I would start there.

Thank you for the quick responses. I didn't know there was a West Coast Departures forum so I will definitely check it out. FYI I do know Seattle is not Alaska but it is the beginning of our trip so I thought I would start there.

At the end of our Alaska cruise we spent one night in Seattle so we could see a few things. We stayed at the Hyatt House hotel that's right across the street from the Space Needle. It's also about a block from the Duck Tours. Lots of close things - the monorail is across the street too. It was a little more expensive but our room was huge, had a living area, kitchenette and separate sleeping area. Very nice. They had a shuttle that would drop you off and pick you up anywhere in the downtown area. I have another cruise planned for next year (May '18) and will stay there again.

Good luck!

Our cruise we flew into Seattle the day before the cruise. We stayed at the Hotel 5 downtown, they arranged for a car to pick us up at the airport which was a SUV and the same SUV came the next day and took us to the terminal. We arrived early morning at 9:15 and they let us go ahead and check in and I was glad since we had a long flight from Atlanta. Loved the hotel and walked everywhere we wanted to go!

Our cruise we flew into Seattle the day before the cruise. We stayed at the Hotel 5 downtown, they arranged for a car to pick us up at the airport which was a SUV and the same SUV came the next day and took us to the terminal. We arrived early morning at 9:15 and they let us go ahead and check in and I was glad since we had a long flight from Atlanta. Loved the hotel and walked everywhere we wanted to go!

Did they charge for the shuttle? If so, do you recall how much?