Petra Shore Excursion

Hi I am booked on the ship excursion to Petra. Please could anyone give me an idea of extra costs that will need to be paid on the day whilst on the trip?

Many thanks :o

Hello Brewscruise, we did the excursion to Petra 2 weeks ago, it was an absolutely amazing place. There are no extra costs at all, unless you want to buy something from the stalls and shops by the entrance, or want a camel ride. Included is a lovely lunch in a 4 star hotel on site before going back to the ship. We did buy a plate in 1 of the shops, they take sterling or euros, so no need for Jordanian currency.

no extra costs really....apart from maybe some drinks and souvenirs, tips for driver/guide (there are coffeeshops/souvenir stands along the way)

there are donkeys/camels there who will give you a ride back up (I dont know how much they charge...felt a bit sorry for the donkeys?) its a long dusty uphill walk after the tour

buffet lunch in an hotel is provided with tea/coffee/bottled water

and there are rest breaks on the coach journey, you may need some small change for tips in the rest rooms (any small change... US$ £ EU Dinar)

hope this helps

I second the hotel drink prices, we sat in the lounge bit and looked at the bar prices and they were outrageous. You do get water and coffee with your meal though.

We bought a book and postcards about £10 I think, from the guy inside Petra.

There are loads of kiddies trying to sell them all the way in for one pound/one euro/one dollar...........

Archived