"Cruise with a Purpose" Amber Cove

I asked this over on the port of call thread, but thought I should ask here too since it's an excursion specific to Holland America. Has anyone done the Cacao & Womens Chocolate Cooperative excursion in Amber Cove? Would it be an acceptable outing for my 5 year old?

We just got back from Amber Cove and while we did not do this shore excursion I think it would be an acceptable outing for a five year old. The shore excursions people highlighted this option - a real people to people experience. I suspect the ladies at this cooperative have children of their own and by extension will love seeing a 5 year old come along.

My 9 year old and I cruised Fathom this past May, where she hit her 100th night cruising :) Fathom was by far our most meaningful cruise ever. Cacao is one we did and would be appropriate for a 5 year old IMHO

Still sad Fathom did not take off but home the On-ground options at Amber Cove work out for future! Daughter just presented about Dominican Republic at her school's culture fair a few weeks ago as well and keeps begging for another Fathom cruise before they stop. Her favorite was volunteering at a school. She is in a dual language program so was able to use her Spanish skills

• 4 months later...

I've been on fathom twice and did the chocal "excursion". Personally, I think a five year old would be bored with this activity. Repapel (paper making) may be more interesting as it is more interactive.