Are there new Land Explorations Forth Coming?

shoesonfire

Obviously everyone at Azamara has been overwhelmed resolving the recent events on the Quest. However, we are excitedly looking forward to our October 6 Quest cruise and planning ahead for tours, etc. In early March during Mr. Pimentel's very informative forum, he mentioned the addition of Emilio Freeman, to the Deployment/Land Excursions team and a mini summit to look into Land Discoveries offerings. Has this happened and will there be new/additional excursions offered soon? Hope this inquiry doesn't sound too selfish in the midst of all the needed attention to the current cruise situations. We're just getting anxious to be back onboard the Quest.

Obviously everyone at Azamara has been overwhelmed resolving the recent events on the Quest. However, we are excitedly looking forward to our October 6 Quest cruise and planning ahead for tours, etc. In early March during Mr. Pimentel's very informative forum, he mentioned the addition of Emilio Freeman, to the Deployment/Land Excursions team and a mini summit to look into Land Discoveries offerings. Has this happened and will there be new/additional excursions offered soon? Hope this inquiry doesn't sound too selfish in the midst of all the needed attention to the current cruise situations. We're just getting anxious to be back onboard the Quest.

Hello Shoesonfire -

Please give me some time to check with Emilio and our shore excursion team about your very relevant question about the time-table for adding more Land Discoveries to our mix and the outcome of the "mini-summit" which Larry mentioned.

I will check with the team; however, I suspect that this meeting might have been postponed to a later date due to the many discussions regarding extending the Quest's time in dry-dock with the itinerary impact of cancelling or shortening the prior voyage. Then, to be followed by the unexpected Quest incidents in late March!

Stay tuned for my response and enjoy the weekend ahead!

We appreciate your loyalty to the Azamara experience.

Best regards,

Bill Leiber

Chief Blogging Officer*

Azamara Club Cruises

(*CBO is an authorized and compensated representative of ACC)

Bill

We are looking at several b2b's on Quest next year,but are waiting until full details of Quests extensive November dry dock are released. Do you know when we will get details of all the enhancements that will be done? Having sailed on several R ships, we are excited to try ACC, but are waiting for details.

Bill

We are looking at several b2b's on Quest next year,but are waiting until full details of Quests extensive November dry dock are released. Do you know when we will get details of all the enhancements that will be done? Having sailed on several R ships, we are excited to try ACC, but are waiting for details.

Hello Kiawahdon -

I'm pleased to report that the Azamara Quest's dry dock will be conducted in Cadiz, Spain this coming November; however, I'm unable to share any specific details with you at this time.

Our corporation does not pre-announce dry dock intentions until they have been fully reviewed by our technical and financial committees and finally approved by our board of directors. Once they've been obtained, we will communicate and promote these enhancements. So please stay tuned!

Thank you for considering vacationing with Azamara in 2013 and we hope we have the opportunity to welcome you onboard, even without these "details!"

Regards,

Bill Leiber

Chief Blogging Officer*

Azamara Club Cruises

(*CBO is an authorized and compensated representative of ACC)

• 2 weeks later...

Now that all's well again with the Quest, and because I didn't want my original question to drop off the first page, I'm posting again to ask if there's been any news regarding the "mini summit" and additions or changes to Azamara tours for our cruise in October. We would like to take advantage of the discounted tours offered by Azamara ahead of time. However, in some cases when we have long port days, Azamara doesn't always offer tours that take advantage of this time period. Example, in Nice, we are in port until 11:30 p.m. Azamara tours are only 3 - 4 hours in length, making it necessary for us to look at private tours for the entire day and allowing more time to see more of the beautiful French Riveria. We're 5 months from sailaway and already several highly recommended private tour operators have emailed me that they are already booked. Hoping to hear something soon one way or another.

Now that all's well again with the Quest, and because I didn't want my original question to drop off the first page, I'm posting again to ask if there's been any news regarding the "mini summit" and additions or changes to Azamara tours for our cruise in October. We would like to take advantage of the discounted tours offered by Azamara ahead of time. However, in some cases when we have long port days, Azamara doesn't always offer tours that take advantage of this time period. Example, in Nice, we are in port until 11:30 p.m. Azamara tours are only 3 - 4 hours in length, making it necessary for us to look at private tours for the entire day and allowing more time to see more of the beautiful French Riveria. We're 5 months from sailaway and already several highly recommended private tour operators have emailed me that they are already booked. Hoping to hear something soon one way or another.

Hello Shoesonfire -

I'm pleased to report that the tour planning "mini summit" to which CEO Larry Pimentel referred earlier this year on Cruise Critic has taken place with the purpose to distinguish our "Land Discoveries" offerings and to increase our focus on "destination immersion."

This tour planning process, however, will require extensive tour content development; coordination and cooperation with our tour operators; and specific timeframes for implementing these augmented tours into our mix. To use Larry's metaphor, "any notion that this is a "light switch" is incorrect in spite of a new team member." As milestones are achieved, I will share them with you and the community.

Your point about your time in Nice this coming October is well-taken and I have inquired if we are planning to offer "full-day tours" at that time and learned that at this time, we will not. Historically, Nice is usually a port where full-day and evening tours have a poor sales records as many guests want to have independent time to explore this walk-able town, shops, restaurants.

I hope this information is helpful for your planning and suggest that you consider creating a custom full-day tour in Nice when you're onboard with our Concierge Service. Since Nice occurs on "Day 8" of the voyage, perhaps some of the new friends you'll meet, might wish to join you.

Best wishes for a wonderful Azamara experience this fall!

Regards,

Bill Leiber

Chief Blogging Officer*

Azamara Club Cruises

Archived