Any second now -- NEW info on EPIC

LauraS

Water stuff looks great. But, I'm more intersted in the dining venues. Still sketchy information when trying to determine what is included and what is not.

The buffet is mentioned, as is the blue lagoon type place. Same for many of the specialty restaurants that we are all familiar with as well as some obvious new specialty restaurants. So that leaves us with:

star2.bmpTaste. NCL says "traditional and contemporary cuisine" will be served in this atrium eatery done up with velvet curtains, white walls and brick accents.

star2.bmpThe Manhattan Room. This will be an two-story art deco supper club with a dance floor (and live evening music). We're not clear on the menu just yet: NCL says "the cuisine reflects the elegant and romantic nature of the room."

If I were guessing, I'd say that the first one is a replacement for a main dining room and the 2nd is a specialty (surcharge) restaurant. It also says that there will be an announcement of another restaurant in May. Perhaps the 2nd "main dining room"? It will be interesting to see how it ends up.

CG

Water stuff looks great. But, I'm more intersted in the dining venues. Still sketchy information when trying to determine what is included and what is not.

The buffet is mentioned, as is the blue lagoon type place. Same for many of the specialty restaurants that we are all familiar with as well as some obvious new specialty restaurants. So that leaves us with:

star2.bmpTaste. NCL says "traditional and contemporary cuisine" will be served in this atrium eatery done up with velvet curtains, white walls and brick accents.

star2.bmpThe Manhattan Room. This will be an two-story art deco supper club with a dance floor (and live evening music). We're not clear on the menu just yet: NCL says "the cuisine reflects the elegant and romantic nature of the room."

These seem to be the replacements for the main dining rooms. Just fancy names? Or, are these specialty (surcharge) restaurants as well? It will be interesting to see how it ends up.

CG

I know, I can't wait to find out. I am assuming they are replacing the main dining rooms but nobody knows! Fun! Worse, I will probably have to wait until 2011 before I can sail her, but those first reviews will be fascinating reads!!

OK, I got my email saying they have the EPIC announcements up.

Damn-they listed the dining options, but I can't see which are included in the fare & which carry additional charges

An EPIC Blunder IMO ;) (unless of course I'm blind & missed it)

I still don't understand why they think it building anticipation to release little bits & pieces. Just tell me what I need to know! You're not building anticipation in me NCL, you're pi____ing me off!

Hi folks,

Many of you were curious about which restaurants would be free and which would carry a cost. Here's what we've found out:

No Fee Restaurants

Taste

The Manhattan Room

O'Sheehan's

Cafe Jardin/The Great Outdoors (no surprise there!)

Epic Club/Courtyard Grill (remember, though, these are exclusive to suite and villa guests)

For-Fee Restaurants

Cagney's

Le Bistro

La Cucina

Shanghai's/Wasabi/Teppanyaki

The actual per-person charges have not yet been announced.

I still don't understand why they think it building anticipation to release little bits & pieces. Just tell me what I need to know! You're not building anticipation in me NCL, you're pi____ing me off!

Sounds like a great marketing strategy to me ... tangling it in front of us and building excitement ... :) Introducing one element at a time ... letting us "chew" on it for awhile ... then, giving us another element. The Excitement Builds!

Unfortunately, I'll miss the next installment ... I'll be cruising!!! :o

The excitement builds, you gotta love it, after each restaurant listed, expect to pay extra.

Not the case. From Melissa:

"No Fee Restaurants

Taste

The Manhattan Room

O'Sheehan's

Cafe Jardin/The Great Outdoors (no surprise there!)

Epic Club/Courtyard Grill (remember, though, these are exclusive to suite and villa guests)"

Brad's so funny. Here's what he wrote a while ago:

With each announcement the excitement builds.

No main restaurant, no buffet, no show lounge, extrance fees for the lounges they have, 100 sq ft rooms, no separate bathrooms in the staterooms, I just can't wait to book. The excitement over the Epic here had built to a frenzy.

I don't think Brad has even cruised on an NCL ship, but he's really interested in the EPIC! :rolleyes:

Archived