Stingray city best tour?

fosjkj

I was looking at who to book it with? I was debating the catamaran vs jetski options.

I was also like to do the Cayman Spirits Co. Distillery tour. Anyone done it?

I haven't done it yet, but we just booked the jet ski tour through Fat Fish Adventures for our cruise in June. They have been really great to deal with and respond to emails promptly and have answered a lot of questions for us. We are really looking forward to it.

• 8 months later...
I haven't done it yet, but we just booked the jet ski tour through Fat Fish Adventures for our cruise in June. They have been really great to deal with and respond to emails promptly and have answered a lot of questions for us. We are really looking forward to it.

How did the excursion go? I am looking to book with Fat Fish for our cruise in February and would be interested in your feedback.

Thanks!! :)

How did the excursion go? I am looking to book with Fat Fish for our cruise in February and would be interested in your feedback.

Thanks!! :)

My entire family agrees this was our favorite excursion we've taken on all of our cruises! The jet skis are a blast....they let you open them up and go as fast as you want. You end up jet skiing over 14 miles by the end of the day. I was a little sore, but loved it. You make 3 stops....one with a bunch of star fish, one st sting ray city, which is AMAZING! The guide will help you with the stings tays, brings food, et,. The last stop is a snorkel spot that was fun. The scenery is beautiful. I highly recommend Fat Fish. The guide was great with everyone in our party...kids and adults and made sure everyone was safe and happy.

Was the snorkeling stop in deep or shallow water? Would you be able to carry your own snorkel gear?

This sounds fun for our family!

Thanks for the info!

It is shallow is and yes, we brought our own snorkel equipment....it fits in the front compartment of jet ski.

• 2 weeks later...

I would really like to try a JetSki tour. I have never been on one and I have a 10-year-old so I'm concerned about the dangers. I know someone that did A tour and crashed into a pylon under a bridge. That being said I I know Grand Cayman doesn't really have bridges and it's just empty ocean. I have no interest in the high speeds would just like to simply try it because it sounds awesome. How do you think this fat fish tour would be for newbies with the child?

Edited by Mirrasi

I would really like to try a JetSki tour. I have never been on one and I have a 10-year-old so I'm concerned about the dangers. I know someone that did A tour and crashed into a pylon under a bridge. That being said I I know Grand Cayman doesn't really have bridges and it's just empty ocean. I have no interest in the high speeds would just like to simply try it because it sounds awesome. How do you think this fat fish tour would be for newbies with the child?

My daughters were 10 and 13 when we did this tour. The 10 year old rode with me and the 13 year old rode with my husband. My 16 year old son had his own jet ski. I always felt very safe. The guide showed the girls the best way to grip us by wrapping their arm through the back of our life jackets instead of holding us around our waist. The only thing I will say is that it's a long tour and a lot of riding. Inherently, you have to go fast because you are trying to get somewhere, but they do wait for the slower riders.

It's a great tour and I highly recommend it. However, if you aren't sure, maybe try renting one during one of your beach days to try and see if you like it.

My entire family agrees this was our favorite excursion we've taken on all of our cruises! The jet skis are a blast....they let you open them up and go as fast as you want. You end up jet skiing over 14 miles by the end of the day. I was a little sore, but loved it. You make 3 stops....one with a bunch of star fish, one st sting ray city, which is AMAZING! The guide will help you with the stings tays, brings food, et,. The last stop is a snorkel spot that was fun. The scenery is beautiful. I highly recommend Fat Fish. The guide was great with everyone in our party...kids and adults and made sure everyone was safe and happy.

14 Miles that sounds kind of long how sore were you. That sounds like a long way to me.

14 Miles that sounds kind of long how sore were you. That sounds like a long way to me.

When you are doing 45 to 50 mph....it's really not as long as it sounds, but I was definitely sore. We hit some choppy parts and that was probably where the soreness came from, but it was a blast. :-)

Edited by Tannison

When you are doing 45 to 50 mph....it's really not as long as it sounds, but I was definitely sore. We hit some choppy parts and that was probably where the soreness came from, but it was a blast. :-)

I have never done a tour with jet skis only taken them our for an hour but i guess your right, especially if your making stops every so often. If/when i get to GC again i will try it, love sting ray city!