Just in from Galaxy cruise - will try to answer your questions!

luv2cruise123

We just returned from the Thanksgiving sailing.

I'm not going to have time to write an "official" review - especially not any time soon as I have so much to catch up on! But, I'll be gald to answer some specific questions if anyone has any.

We were first timer X cruisers after having been on about 15 plus other cruises on Princess, RCCL, Norwegian, Carnival, etc.

Hubby and I are early 50's and were in the YOUNG set on this cruise for the most part. Had CC cabin 1064 on Penthouse deck.

Food is best I've ever had on a cruise! SOME of the entertainment/shows were awesome and others were only good/average in my opinion.

Excellent service and itinerary. We did the ferry excursion with Celebrity through the canal and did the zip line tour(independent) in Costa Rica. Went with general tour for $15 from local in Grand Cayman (going back in January and ahve already done stingrays several times), went to village in Costa Maya and went to Paradise Beach in Cozumel.

I LOVED the longer cruise - first time to do one longer than 7 days. We ahd great weather overall even though it was raining when we returned to Galveston today.

Hey Debbie :D

So glad you enjoyed the Galaxy so much! We were on her for 24 days in September. Tell me, is Roxana Mois back on board as Social Hostess? She was taken off the ship with appendicitis on September 26th and was scheduled to return November 13th. She is the nicest person!!

We had relatives picking us up and met them about 9:45 am there at the pier.Having to get in line to individually go to Immigrations was a slight pain, but we were called soon. Our colors were beige 3 and one of first to be called I think.

Go to Costa Rica under destinations for zipline tour info. Look under Almonds and Corals or viceversa. It was quite an experience! Pretty long drive to get there. We had prearranged for Oscar Brown to provide transportation/tour to there. Cost for zip line was $40 pp plus your transportation cost. It's a series of cables strung over rain forest that you zip along going to about 13 different platforms. We saw a sloth up close. HIGHLY recommend going early! It was hot to me and they said they had a tour of 100 people coming later in the morning! we were only ones there when we went. I can't imagine a group of that size! I NEEDED the personalized service/reassurance!

Cptn was only seen at 2 "toasts"pre show at first and last formal night. He smiled some at last formal night. Not much of a personality.

We were told to be in lounge to meet with Customs at 8:30 am and were one of first off around 9:30ish.

I agree with the 30yr old on another post who said there wasn't alot to do.And yes, I also felt the cruise was geared more to the older crowd. Crew even joked about it during shows, etc.

That's NOT to say I didn't have a fabulous time though!

We enjoyed the CC class and would probably book it again if cost wasn;t a lot more than balcony. However, I was disappointed in SIZE of room and I am still kicking myself for not upgrading to a suite at the pier. Sore subject with me - hubby didn't want to spend the extra $ or so I thought. Anyway, we did NOT upgrade and I really wish we had!

Debbie:

We were in Galveston Thanksgiving Day to see the ship and talk with

crew. We will be on the May 7 Transatlantic to Rome.

How was the music in the lounges? We never go to shows but like to

dance so the music is important.

Unfortunately Celebrity does not have the music and venues that RCCL

has.

casavaha.....the same is important to us. We went on Rhapsody 11/28 and danced 6 of the 7 nights, 4 to 5 hours per night, to Metroline, our favorite ship band. They play a great mixture of ballroom dance music.

We are booked on Galaxy 4/25/05 and are more than a little concerned about the music as that is our "thing" while cruising. Far more romantic and exciting and pleasing to us and onlookers than jogging. Ate like pigs all week and LOST weight too! It is the IDEAL exercise....jmho.

a68vet

We were never in a lounge for more than 10 minutes maybe before or after dinner. The group that played at the pool played at night also and I was not too impressed with them. There was a couple who played in one of the lounges that just in passing seemed alright. Piano player close to martini bar and stringed quartet? in Grand foyer. Sorry, but I really can't help you on this. Maybe RSteele or some of the other cruisers can. I do know they said there would be such and so playing big band music several nights in one of the lounges, but we never went.

I found a link yesterday to the ship's past daily activity planner and they seem to indicate big band music. But, that can mean different things to different folks. While some can sit and enjoy listening to good dance music, there is some you simply MUST have a floor to step out onto to really enjoy. Check this out if interested...... And thanks for trying 8137!

http://cruiseclues.com/galaxy/activevent.htm

a68vet

Archived