Norwegian Escape Haven Spa Suite Review with photos & videos

Spaniel Lover

Thanks for the review and the tidbit on the Dream Quest show.

I think you could do promotional videos, I think somewhere you said you did radio and it comes through with your smooth voice.

We're also trying Anthem later this year. Can't wait to see those new bells and whistles

• 1 month later...

Jim,

Thank you for your outstanding review! I first saw it on YouTube. We are in 16110 this Saturday! Can't wait.

A quick question - in your opinion, what is an appropriate additional gratuity for your butler and concierge? I know the base is included in the $15 daily fee, but did you feel the need to do more? It's our first cruise and I don't want to make too many newbie mistakes! :)

Thanks!

Skip

• 2 weeks later...

Sailing on the Escape on Oct 22. Can't wait. After reading all the posts about The Haven, I called my TA and asked her book it. Got back to me with Cabin 16118 for only a little over $1000. without taxes and stuff. After seeing your post I'm so excited. Question: Are the bathroom doors metal where I can hang a storage organizer? Or can I use the 3-M hangers? I don't like a cluttered counter in bathroom.

A more trivial question about Haven services at the Escape: what is being offered to Haven guests besides the standard laundry service? Apologies if this has already been mentioned elsewhere, but I could not find any information on this, should I draw the conclusion that there isn't any? Thank you in advance!

Really fantastic review! Thank you for taking the time to do it. I enjoyed it very much! Great pics, good detail and sounds like it was a wonderful time. I leave on the Escape on Saturday for my first cruise ever and I appreciate all of your information!

I love all your reviews Jim. You have a great camera presence and love the writing. We will be on the escape in May. We got the coveted spa room 16100. Just luck I guess. I'll post some photos of that room for all to see. Keep traveling Jim. I'll keep reading your posts.

What week? We are sailing the first week of May (April 30th).... And took the upgrade to the haven spa precisely because of this review! We are in 16104!

Thank you so much for this review -- and why can't the cruise lines do as good a job of explaining all the different room choices to us??? We were on the Escape last Oct for the trans-Atlantic crossing for her inaugural voyage out of Southampton --- or so we thought. There were absolutely no festivities of an INAUGURAL cruise, those being saved for the first cruise that PIT BULL, the ship's godfather, would be on the week after we got to Miami - really. We couldn't fully appreciate all that Escape offered on the Atlantic, so we are so enthusiastic to take advantage of it all next week in the Caribbean. One sour note -- our debarkation was awful -- IN LINE for two hours -- don't know if it was the fault of Miami immigration or NCL, but should have been handled better by NCL with passing out water, music, etc.

Thank you for all your thoughts & for sharing marvelous photos, too!

• 2 weeks later...

What an amazing review! You have totally sold me on the Haven!

I just got approval from my surgeon to take a cruise on 5/21. I am 3 weeks post double mastectomy and we are celebrating the fact that I do not need chemotherapy, we get to begin reconstruction soon and put this whole thing behind us!

We booked a guarantee balcony hoping for an aft since this will be a very laid back, out on our quiet balcony kind of cruise. We would have to pay an extra $529 per person for an aft. I called up sell yesterday and they were offering the Haven for $750 pp. I have made worse choices with an extra $500 before!

Seeing that video of the peacefulness of the Haven sealed the deal. Knowing we won't be waiting in lines, fighting crowds and have lots of quiet really works for us this cruise! I am still very much in the process of recovery from a very major surgery and the Haven is the perfect solution for us!!

Thank you again for such a great review! I am calling NCL right now!

Lauri

The Thermal Suite Within The Spa

In the evenings, they turn the lights down and switch over to a blue lighting scheme:

ThermalSuite-IMG_7024.JPG[/center]

Are there limited hours for access to the thermal suites? How early can one get in, and how late I can hang out and enjoy the big perk of the Spa Balcony we booked? :-)

• 1 month later...

Really appreciate the review, lots of great information. Your review on YouTube helped our decision to take an upsell to a Haven Spa Suite late last week! We are thrilled to have the spa access, and to be in the Haven! Looking forward to our trip on the Escape this coming Saturday. Thanks again!

We just sailed the Breakaway in a Haven 2 BR in April. We splurged because I had just completed radiation treatments for breast cancer. All is good. Now we are booked on the Escape for Easter break next year. Unfortunately we're in a mini this time -party of four.:eek: I wish I could afford the flat out rate for the Haven aft penthouse or the haven 2 bedroom but for now I have to dream of an upsell. Your review adds color to my dreams. Thank you.:D Your pictures are unbelievable. This time I booked with the perk of free beverage and dining package so hopefully I wont miss the Haven restaurant as much. Any advice on must dos??

Great detailed review. You mentioned the tomatoes at O'Sheehans, in England fried tomatoes are often part of a breakfast along with baked beans. I didn't use the quote format to post as I wanted to finish reading your wonderful review.

Thanks again

Candi

• 7 years later...
On 1/23/2016 at 10:27 AM, Spaniel Lover said:

Bottom line...

Unless money all of a sudden got really tight in our family, I think my next NCL cruise will very likely be in The Haven again.

Thank you so much for your very detailed review!!  I loved reading it.

I know this is an old post, but we are considering this suite category in Haven Escape and could not find reviews. Currently the suite category no longer includes access to the Thermal Spa.

However, I'm curious if you experienced any problem with noise coming from the fitness center on that deck 16?