Wearing another cruise line's shirt?

jenn-

No flames please. Is it completely considered rude and weird to wear another cruise line's shirt? I bought some really cute cruise shirts on my last Carnival trip (one says "Keep Calm and Cruise On" and the other is "Cruise Your Worries Away"). This trip is on Norwegian though. I also have a couple of their shirts as well which I will pack. Does this fall under the category that no one really cares what other people are wearing category? Or the, I can't believe she has the nerve to wear the competition's shirt category?

No flames please. Is it completely considered rude and weird to wear another cruise line's shirt? I bought some really cute cruise shirts on my last Carnival trip (one says "Keep Calm and Cruise On" and the other is "Cruise Your Worries Away"). This trip is on Norwegian though. I also have a couple of their shirts as well which I will pack. Does this fall under the category that no one really cares what other people are wearing category? Or the, I can't believe she has the nerve to wear the competition's shirt category?

YES it falls into the nobody cares category. Wear whatever you like. Assuming, of course, that Carnival is not paying you to advertise their brand.;)

I have reuse-able shopping bags from several different supermarkets. I always use one from a different supermarket than the one I'm shopping in. I think it keeps them on their toes. :D

So I'd do the same with the t-shirts as well, and wear them on other cruise lines.

Some people care what others wear, and some don't. I'm in the "don't care" camp.

I'll wear whatever I threw in the suitcase, which has a fair chance of being another cruise lines' shirt. Hmm, I wonder if the Canadians will think I'm rude and weird for wearing a Cabo shirt? ;)

Mr Chew has tee shirts & polos from many of our cruises, and he wears them on all of our cruises. They are usually very good conversation starters ... except our last cruise was on Oceania, and we couldn't believe how many people were horrified by the idea of cruising on Royal Caribbean, Celebrity or HAL!!

I don't care what anyone wears but I could understand the crew thinking it 'odd' you would choose to wear another cruise line's logo clothing on their ship.

Seeing you asked....... I think of it as a matter of simple courtesy and good manners.

But without reading all the posts here, I suspect not all agree.

You must suspect it might not be good taste or you wouldn't be asking. :wink:

Edited by sail7seas

Mr Chew has tee shirts & polos from many of our cruises, and he wears them on all of our cruises. They are usually very good conversation starters ... except our last cruise was on Oceania, and we couldn't believe how many people were horrified by the idea of cruising on Royal Caribbean, Celebrity or HAL!!

That is a good reason (for me) to not sail Oceania. :cool:

I could easily pass on folks with that sort of mindset.

Bad enough to think it but to actually say that to someone makes for an unpleasant greeting when meeting someone new.

Edited by sail7seas

I don't care what anyone wears but I could understand the crew thinking it 'odd' you would choose to wear another cruise line's logo clothing on their ship.

Seeing you asked....... I think of it as a matter of simple courtesy and good manners.

But without reading all the posts here, I suspect not all agree.

You must suspect it might not be good taste or you wouldn't be asking. :wink:

I think I will compromise with myself. I'll leave the one that has the big Carnival ship in the middle of it, but take the Keep Calm and Cruise On one because the Carnival logo is a small thing on the bottom of the shirt.

How rude to make disparaging remarks. Nobody said anything to me on Oceania when I wore a Princess shirt. Next time I'll wear it on a different high end cruise ship. Let's see what happens.:)

I think I will compromise with myself. I'll leave the one that has the big Carnival ship in the middle of it, but take the Keep Calm and Cruise On one because the Carnival logo is a small thing on the bottom of the shirt.

That sounds like a good plan. :)

Have a great cruise.

I have no problems wearing shirts from other lines. If I wear a shirt from another line on Princess, does it not tell Princess that they are every bit as good as or better than the XYZ line which I am showing???

I recall in Japan, when my wife wearing a Canadian shirt had a momentary scare. An elderly Japanese gentleman walked up to her and said 'Canada!' in loud voice, then he said 'Welcome to my Country', and bowed politely.

john

I don't buy or wear most logo tees anyway (don't like them and they don't fit or look good on me) but I might feel a little funny wearing one if I did. I have noticed them on others, just got a little giggle, but really don't care.

My husband probably would if he had any--he's always wearing his Nebraska Husker tees all over the world, and gets lots of friendly comments on them.

I do think it's fine to wear another cruise line's logo if you want to though. I have seem some of the free logo bags they leave in your cabins on other cruise lines. The Celebrity one we got in December was really nice, so I might be tempted to reuse it on another line.

I probably wouldn't, but then again I don't own any cruise line logoed wear.

I don't think it's a big deal though. No different than wearing a Cayman Islands shirt while you're on Mexican Riviera cruise, or a I Love NY shirt in Dallas...

I think you're missing the whole point. We're talking competition in business not "any logo" shirts.

We were given some cold weather gear from our Antarctica cruise

Now we are doing a Norway cruise with a different company in July

We don't get much use for cold weather gear here in NZ where we live so would that be fair to wear that gear to Norway instead of buying new gear ?

Or do you reckon when they see our gear they might give us some of theirs? hehe

Edited by Thecat123

I don't have any logo shirts but I do have a Oceania hoodie that I bought on a Royal Caribbean cruise ship.

I was kind of chilly and went in a shop onboard looking for a hoodie and saw one 1/2 price that had "Oceania Australia New Zealand" on it. We had just spent ten weeks DIY in New Zealand & Australia so I thought "great I'll get that one".

At the time I had never heard of Oceania.

We cruise about 5 different lines presently, we often buy tshirts that represent where we have cruised and which lines. We feel it shows we are seasoned travelers ... like it or not... often crew relate especially if it is from where they are from which is fun. Go for it.