My Photos Are Up!!! Oosterdam Eastern Caribbean 11/7/04

HeatherInFlorida

I finally uploaded several (not nearly all!!!:) ) of our cruise photos. I've tried to include pictures that give a feel of the Oosterdam as well as an experience of the islands we visited. There are 2 albums because Webshots only allows 100 per album so I have Half Moon Cay in the second album.

There is a series of shots taken from our verandah (port side) as we left Tortola at sunset. It was an evening I'll never forget. When you see them try to imagine the pictures filling your entire view. And then imagine how anyone can wonder why we love to cruise.

I hope you all enjoy them.

Webshots Community - heatherinflorida's Photo Home Page

Thank you, Thank you Heather, for the wonderful pictures! I almost feel like I was there. Wait a minute, I was there!:D Its very nice of you to share them with us all. The Half Moon Cay shots are exceptionally good.

Hope you are all better.

Beth

Great pictures Heather - we are doing the same itinerary on the Westerdam - so you have whetted my appetite!! Can't wait!

Could you tell me - how many ships docked in St Maarten when you were there? I have seen that there will be 8 ships there the day we are - going to be very very crowded!

Thanks again for the wonderful pictures! The sunset was STUPENDOUS! SUPERLATIVE! FANTASTIC!!

Heather,

These pictures are terrific! Love the evening sunset series. great day at half moon cay .. sniff, sniff, we didn't get to tender in due to rough seas....but you certainly had a beautiful day!

thank you for sharing!

Peggy Sue

Great pictures Heather - we are doing the same itinerary on the Westerdam - so you have whetted my appetite!! Can't wait!

Could you tell me - how many ships docked in St Maarten when you were there? I have seen that there will be 8 ships there the day we are - going to be very very crowded!

Thanks again for the wonderful pictures! The sunset was STUPENDOUS! SUPERLATIVE! FANTASTIC!!

Hello...

how did you determine that there are going to be 8 ships in St Maarten when you are there? I am curious for our cruise as well and also the other ports.

Thanks

There were 4 ships in port when we were in St. Maarten dumping some 10,000 people on the island. I cannot imagine how they could get 8 in there. Are you sure?

Yes, I am sure - I looked at 2 different sites that show Port schedules and it shows 8 ships: Maasdam, Carnival Glory, Norwegian Dawn, Explorer OTS, Carnival Victory, Celebrity Century, Caribbean Princess, Westerdam. I am sure there will be ships tendering in and the island is going to be overrun with tourists!

Site I checked was through cruiseclues.com - then their port schedules. The other site is one that I think Orcrone mentioned - can't remember the site address - something like cruisecal.com maybe?

Heather :)

Thank you so much for sharing your pics..they are really beautiful!! Hopefully soon, I will be able to share some of mine from our 15 day Circle Hawaii Cruise. (We don't get to leave til Dec. 6...seems like a long long time :mad: )

Have a super night! and thanks again

kygal!

Heather-

Great photos - thank you so much for sharing them. I am STILL trying to get all mine uploaded. My review is almost done, though I'm not sure how much it will matter as the ship is out of service now. We had such a great time though - I want to share it all.

Thanks Again!

Laura, you absolutely must share! No matter that the ship is no longer with HAL. It's the experience you're sharing. As I said on another thread, by sharing my review and my photos it seems to extend the short time we were actually on the cruise.

I'm looking forward to your review and your pics. Uploading is easy ... it's the labelling that takes time. I worked most of yesterday afternoon. But it's worth it when I read the wonderful comments from everyone.

Lovely pictures, Heather. It's nice to see the ship we'll be on in just a couple of months. I can gaze at your pictures and hope the days go by quickly!

Maybe I'll download some to my laptop - we've got two cross-country plane flights (tomorrow and next sat.) and then a week with our families (siblings, in-laws, nieces, nephews, our kids and their familes). It'll be nice having 25 of us for Thanksgiving dinner, but the rest of the time? I'd rather be cruising!

Make sure everybody plays nice while I'm away! :rolleyes:

-dave

Enjoy your Thanksgiving with your families, Dave! There's no better place to be for Thanksgiving. We're staying home and will have Thanksgiving with 15 friends, but it's not the same as being with with family. Still, it's a time for thanks for everyone and everything!:)

Download anything you want. My trip is your trip. Which cruise are you going on the Oosterdam? Same one? You'll tell all, right?

While you're gone I'll try to keep things calm here!;) Actually, it's been pretty good lately, don't you think?

Which cruise are you going on the Oosterdam? Same one?

We're doing Mexican Riviera in January

You'll tell all, right?

While you're gone I'll try to keep things calm here!;) Actually, it's been pretty good lately, don't you think?

As the hero's friend always said, "it's quiet, all right. Maybe too quiet!" :rolleyes:

-dave

Heather,

Those were wonderdul pictures:p

How was your experience with the cabana on Half Moon Cay? May I ask if you also got the butler service, if so, how was it:confused: Did you see the green cabana (I have it reserved for December, so I was wondering if it had been repaired)?

Also, on Kakao Beach...how much were the chairs and umbrella? Did the restuarant have conch fritters (:p my favorite:p)?

One last thing...on Tortola...other than Pussers, is there anywhere else we should try and go to? We already have an all-day sailing trip with Patouche to see The Caves, The Indians, & the Norman Island.

Thank you SOOOO much!!!

Archived