Back to Back

travelberlin

FUN is not a word I would describe eating in the TERRACE

of course if you like to see your food before your order & like popping up & down for your courses or waiting for your partner to get their food while yours gets cold yup the Terrace is a great place

Yes I know you can put stuff on the table to hold it & go together to get your food & come back to find someone eating at your table ..

I am not a fan of buffets at most times but we do go to the Terrace when we are tired & do not feel like sitting through a long dinner in the GDR

We eat in the GDR then go for a walk about the deck & have dessert /coffee in the Terrace unless service took too long in the GDR & we will have dessert there

I really did not spend all that money to be a jack in the box for meals

I like to be served

YMMV

s

Couldn't agree more! Buffets are ok for a single course meal but I actually like a long, leisurely dinner-served course by course.

FUN is not a word I would describe eating in the TERRACE

of course if you like to see your food before your order & like popping up & down for your courses or waiting for your partner to get their food while yours gets cold yup the Terrace is a great place

Yes I know you can put stuff on the table to hold it & go together to get your food & come back to find someone eating at your table ..

I am not a fan of buffets at most times but we do go to the Terrace when we are tired & do not feel like sitting through a long dinner in the GDR

We eat in the GDR then go for a walk about the deck & have dessert /coffee in the Terrace unless service took too long in the GDR & we will have dessert there

I really did not spend all that money to be a jack in the box for meals

I like to be served

YMMV

Plus 1👍

We are planning two consecutive cruises with Oceania. This is B2B. Are there any additional perks when doing a B2B with Oceania? On board credit or something similar?

When I did B2Bs the only benefit was a "special" lunch at Jacques on turnaround day. And a I think it was a grand voyage or some wee discount.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

As usual it's interesting to see the differing opinions on the merits of a buffet versus a meal that is served to you. We happen to like both ... it depends on how we feel at the time. If we're tired from touring, then we'll either order in to the room or go to Terrace.

I see that Paul was correct in guessing that Ken was referring to the similarity of some courses between Terrace and the GDR. It is certainly true that some of the courses served in the GDR are also on the Terrace menu. And it looks like Ken likes to go to the grill in Terrace, which I tend to do myself. Not always! But sometimes.

It's a good thing everyone doesn't like exactly the same things ...

I hadn't addressed Paul's feeling about Jacques but we agree on this subject. We too like Jacques best of the specialty restaurants (and RG least although we liked it better on our last cruise on Sirena) but like Paul are not happy with the addition of a few Jacques selections on the GDR luncheon menu. That doesn't work for me. We also aren't happy with Tuscan Steak as a replacement for Polo and Toscana. (Like Paul we also aren't wild about Toscana although we do like some of their options.)

I rather liked the suggestion I saw recently (we were traveling through Portugal for the past two weeks so I wasn't posting) about having different restaurants on the different "R" ships. Why not? Cancel Tuscan Steak and put Polo on two of the ships and Toscana on the others. Of course, I can anticipate that people are going to disagree with that idea!! :D But for us, Tuscan Steak -- while it has retained some of our favorites from Polo and Toscana -- has eliminated more than it has kept.

Mura