NCL SUN Alaska cruisers-PLEASE HELP

I really feel for you. We had the same thing happen 3 years ago after a land vacation. As shoreguy said, if you haven't re-used the memory card you may be able to recover them. In computer terms from long ago, there is a difference between logically deleting and physically deleting a file. Ours were "logically" deleted, but since we hadn't re-used the card they weren't "physically" deleted. We purchased a recovery program and were able to get the majority of them back.

We also had neighbors who used the service on their cruise ship to transfer the images to CD. Something went wrong, and they ended up with only a few of their pictures actually being transferred. Even though they did re-use the memory card, we were able to recover the pictures from the area that hadn't yet been written over. If you would like, contact me by email at

ute_fan_79 @ yahoo.com (eliminate the spaces), and I will check at home and see if we still have the program on our current computer, and let you know what it was we used.

If all else fails, I also have pictures of both Mendenhall Glacier and the Sawyer Glaciers that I can send. I haven't downloaded them from the memory cards yet, but am going to try to get that done this weekend. There are several from Mendenhall Glacier that have my family in them, but I think there are 2 or 3 that don't. The ones from the Sawyer Glaciers were taken from the catamaran excursion, and I think they are just of the glaciers and the seals on the icebergs.

Thanks so much I would really appreciate the photos of the glacier!

We looked everywhere on the computer for those photos and no luck.The screen that usually appears during download only appeared for a few seconds and then it disappearedWhen I took out the card from the computer it had no photos on it either.There was photos on the card before we put the card in.

I even had a computer rep. try to find them to no avail.

I am hoping to put together a small album with the help of nice people like you.

Thanks so much I would really appreciate the photos of the glacier!

We looked everywhere on the computer for those photos and no luck.The screen that usually appears during download only appeared for a few seconds and then it disappearedWhen I took out the card from the computer it had no photos on it either.There was photos on the card before we put the card in.

I even had a computer rep. try to find them to no avail.

I am hoping to put together a small album with the help of nice people like you.

Feel free to copy any of my pictures including those on Mendenhall Glacier. They are from 2002 on CCL Spirt but if they help fill the void great. Hope you can recover your own pictures.

Webshots Alaska

I was on the Sun 06/27 - 07/04 (the week before you) and have many pics of the sawyer and a few of the mendenhall. We also have Saxman, the Lumberjack and the Whitepass (although due to the thick fog and rain our views were limited. You can go here

http://img15.photobucket.com/albums/v46/darlong/Alaska%20trip/

to see some of them.

You can email me if you want and I will send them. I'd take the memory card into a photo shop or even put it through a card reader to see what could be recovered.

Good Luck

Travelling Fool,

We have a couple of the Sun as we were sailing together that one day. We were on the Star. It wasn't at the same time since we sailed June 20th, but the ship still looked the same back then 8)

Luanne

I don't still have the program on our computer that we used to recover our photos. If you are interested, there are several free downloads that you can try and see if they can find anything on your memory card. I know the one was used was a free trial that would recover anything less than a certain size file. We recovered a few that way, and then purchased the full program for about $40 and got almost everything back. It might be worth a try...

Thanks so much! I was so upset before, now I have some photos of our trip to Alaska.

I copied some off your photo pages and if you can email me a few Ute and Luanne I would appreciate it.

Thanks for your help everyone.You are a wonderful group of cruisers .One of these days I would llike to take a CC cruise just to meet some of you.

Archived