"Island Beach Break" question.

Carolyn1950

Is the "Beach Break" excursion still at the Coral Sands resort? I tried calling NCL but after being on hold forever, I got disconnected..

This may be a new excursion this year. It is for the Dream in Oct.. I can't locate the Coral Sands Resort page anymore.. It comes up saying I can't access it.. And I emailed but so far no answer..

Thanks...

In response to your questions about the Beach Break at Coral Sands... It was by far the worst excursion I've ever taken on any cruise. Perhaps NCL is finally listening to the feedback (20 of us all complained together after the excursion, yet they didn't care), and has removed it. Here are some details about that excursion.

It was billed as a beach day and snorkeling trip. We understood that lunch was not included, but others didn't. Therefore, others from our ship (The Sea) had not brought any money.

There was a $20 p/p upcharge to go snorkeling. No sharks, as promised. We didn't expect the upcharge, but after seeing (and being bit by something in the water at the "resort", we chose to pay to snorkel, off the boat).

The rum isn't. Rum, that is. It's moonshine. NASTY stuff, but potent. The bartender said that he wouldn't even drink it (he gave me all the extras of drinks he was blending, since I was rather vocal about the moonshine). Many others were paying for good drinks, since the stuff was horrid.

Back to the water....mucky.

Yes, they had kayaks. Mats for floating on in the water (refer back to the "something bites in the water"), so we didn't make much use of the mats. Our then 11 year old wouldn't even go in, after she was bit. The bites lasted for days with welts on her (and my) legs, arms, torso, etc. NOT sand fleas, as this was IN the water.

So....my advise is to be GLAD that you can't find this excursion. Find something else to do!

• 2 weeks later...

Archived